Headquartered in San Diego, California, USA, Solar Turbines Incorporated, a subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines, with more than 14,400 units and over 1.9 billion operating hours in 98 countries. Products from Solar Turbines play an important role in the development of oil, natural gas and power generation projects around the world. Solar Turbines’ products include gas turbine engines (rated from 1590 to 30,000 horsepower), gas compressors, and gas turbine-powered compressor sets, mechanical-drive packages and generator sets (ranging from 1.1 to 22 megawatts). Solar’s customers put the company’s products to work in many areas including production, processing and pipeline transmission of natural gas and crude oil and generation of electricity and thermal energy for processing applications, such as manufacturing chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and food products.
Solar’s foundation is people and Solar’s culture is one where individual contributions are valued, diversity in the workplace is encouraged, and safety is emphasized in all aspects of the business. Solar Turbines is comprised of a dedicated and multi-talented workforce of more than 7,500 employees with decades of experience working as a global team.
We currently have an opening for a Lead- Operations and Maintenance Technician in Toledo, OH.
Overseas the planning, scheduling, implementation of preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance, repair and troubleshooting on all equipment under the scope of the contract. Reports to the Contract Manager, leads other technicians in the performance of their work, tracks the commercial performance of the contract. Provides the necessary supporting documentation and site approvals for invoicing. Tracks the measurements applicable to the particular contract, takes corrective action when off target and negotiates on contentious issues under the direction of the contract manager. Works with customers on a daily basis, communicates equipment status and future maintenance plans. This is an “advanced level” technical and administrative position that safely operates & maintains a 10 MW power plant consisting of one 5.2 MW combustion turbine generator set, one 6.4 MW steam turbine generator set , one Heat recovery steam generator and Balance of plant equipment (Condenser, cooling tower and water treatment) etc.
- Be fully conversant and ensure compliance with CMS and customer HSSE MS policies and procedures. Ensure that personnel under his control adhere to the work permit system on all jobs. Oversee pre work / tool box meetings and table any potential safety issues relating to work being performed, identify potential hazards. Evaluate, recommend and where appropriate implement safety improvements. Solicit feed back from site personnel and ensure the people making the suggestions receive feedback on what action is being taken as a result of their suggestions. Report all LTIs and near misses to ESI and comply with customer requirements.
- Ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded by maximizing the availability of the equipment under the scope of the contract without compromising safety. Be familiar with the performance measures in the contract and use these to demonstrate the achievements of the CMS contract.
- Track the commercial performance of the contract, take corrective action when targets are not being achieved and keep contract manager fully appraised at all times.
- Implement maintenance procedures and make recommendations for improvements where appropriate. Maintain the integrity of all equipment under the scope of the contract, liaise with OEM’s when troubleshooting complex technical issues, provide technical guidance and support for subordinates. Ensure adherence to manufacturers recommendations.
- Supervision of the day to day maintenance activity. Plan and allocate work in a way that minimize equipment downtime, lost production and makes the best use of the manpower resources available while observing all relevant HSSE MS precautions.
- Ensure major interventions or projects are planned, executed safely, on schedule and within budget
- Provides oversight and input into the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for maintenance history or equivalent tracking and historical
- Experience managing influent and effluent plants
- Applicable industrial or military training or technical school training, and/or related experience of at least 3 years operating and maintaining industrial facilities required. Skilled Trades supervisory experience a plus.
- Knowledge and skills are generally consistent with military experience in the following rates: GSE, GSM, EN, MM, AE, AT, or AD.
- Candidates reside within a 1 hour commute to the plant.
- Experience installing, troubleshooting and repairing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).
- Experience in laser or dial indicator alignment of industrial machinery such as pumps, compressors and turbines.
- Experience in using thermography and vibration analysis equipment.
- Possession of a State of Ohio Stationary Steam Engineer License or the ability to obtain the license within 12 months from the date of hire.
Solar Turbines offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vacation, 401k, pension, incentive bonus, tuition reimbursement and more.
Solar Turbines is an equal opportunity employer.
Solar Turbines conducts drug screens and background checks.
Please visit our website www.solarturbines.com for more information about our company.
Solar Turbines - 15 months ago
In spite of its name, products from Solar Turbines are not powered by the sun. The Caterpillar subsidiary designs, manufactures, and...