Senior Software Engineer — Networking and Device Management-ENG0012177
As a software systems lead, you will manage the development of software solutions for the GM Infotainment system. The primary job responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the entire life-cycle of the assigned domain, including requirements, system design, development, deployment, and maintenance of the Infotainment software.
- Work with the building blocks provided by the selected platform provider to deliver GM's next generation Infotainment networking and device management infrastructure.
- Deliver support for recognition, authorization and publishing of transient devices introduced to the system. This includes many consumer portable electronic devices such as phones, tablets, and multimedia players. These devices can be introduced to the system via several wired and wireless protocols including Bluetooth, USB, WiFi, and device specific connection.
- Establish and institutionalize system wide methods of communication between services and remote components.
- Deliver a software service that globally manages the assignment of all IP capable connections.
- Deliver a software service/policy that manages security, performance, and preference for all Internet connections.
- Participate in the development of requirements, innovative subsystem and system level designs as well as production software.
- Work with GM business leads and engineering specialists to identify, capture and refine system requirements.
- Ability to work with and bridge across multiple disciplines, including Engineering, Information Technology, Technical Support, and Marketing, to make appropriate system level design trades
- Ensure clear and complete design level documentation
- Facilitate direct employees, contracted resources or third party companies to develop, integrate, and test software deliveries using a SCRUM development model - ScrumMaster.
- Coordinate and participate in architecture, requirements, design, code, and test case reviews.
- Work closely with other team leads to support triage and resolution of difficult system problems in a timely manner
- Interact with internal customers, vendors and external organizations to refine understanding of requirements and identify innovation opportunities
- Work with program management and Product Owners to define sprints and releases.
- Minimum bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related degree. Advanced degrees preferred.
- Software application development experience in automotive and/or portable consumer electronic devices.
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience in POSIX, QNX, or Linux OS environments
- Experience with using and managing SCRUM/Agile software development process.
- Minimum 8 years of documented commercial experience in networking and device management.
- Experience and understating of localization requirements for all major global markets.
- Substantial working experience with portable commercial electronic devices - smart phones, tablets, PNDs, media players, etc.
- Production delivery of a secured network solution.
- USB 3.0, Bluetooth, WiFi protocols
- TCP/IP, TLS , SSL, UDP, PPP, HTTP, FTP, DNS, URL, DHCP, ICMP
- Experience in developing and deploying products in global markets
- System-wide triage experience
- Demonstrated performance in a position requiring both high creativity and engineering technical excellence
- History of success in applying advanced technology to enhance usability of complex systems
- Strong evidence of career performance excellence in position of ever increasing levels of responsibility and challenge
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office applications
Why General Motors?
- Experience in developing automotive infotainment solutions
- SOAP, WSDL, MIME
- Encryption and compression schemes
- Bluetooth profiles - A2DP, HFP, PBAP, SPP, DUN, AVCTP
- ScrumMaster experience
- Experience with SCM tools, ClearCase, Subversion, GIT, JIRA
- Eclipse IDE
This is the time. General Motors is the place. When it comes to creating exceptional vehicles, we've challenged our employees to raise the bar. The result? GM employees continue to shatter expectations and advance the world of automotive innovations.
General Motors is proud to have the type of employees that collaborate with each other for the sole purpose of innovating our four core brands, and who have the ability to reinvent the way people think about the automobile.
When you join one of the largest employers in the world, you can expect benefits on a similar scale. As a GM salaried employee, you will be able to choose from a variety of medical plans, including a comprehensive dental plan. GM investment options include Savings-Stock Purchase Program 401(k), Personal Retirement Income Plan and financial planning.
We also provide life insurance and disability benefits to our employees. GM has approximately 16 paid holidays annually, plus vacation time ranging from 2 weeks for employees with one to fewer than two years of service, increasing up to 5 weeks for longer service employees. GM employees and their immediate family members are also able to purchase GM vehicles at a significant product discount.
At GM, we're moving forward, and we're taking you with us.
Location: Warren, MI
Primary Location: US-MI-Warren
Posting Date : Jul 27, 2012, 1:47:56 PM - Ongoing
General Motors - 13 months ago
Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world.
From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art plants i...