Assists the Senior Vice President with administrative duties. Serves as lead clerical staff member in coordinating departmental operations. Responsible for the document preparation, information management, and administrative scheduling. May be assigned special projects and/or direct work assignments of other clerical staff.
Documentation Preparation and Management
- Prepares reports, manuscripts and/or correspondence.
- Reproduces reports, journal articles, and other material as required by assigned activities.
- Organizes and maintain electronic and hard copy files and records.
- Utilizes computer software tools to manage documents and information as required by assigned activities
- Demonstrates expertise and initiative in formatting documents.
- Coordinates administrative calendars and plans Senior Vice President's schedule reviewing the agenda daily for changes and updates, and considering optimal scheduling patterns.
- Initiates schedule changes when unexpected meetings necessitate reprioritization of standing meetings
- Prioritizes daily, weekly, monthly, and annual activities to meet deadlines
- Coordinates departmental calendar and integrates schedules as required by assigned activities
- Coordinates travel arrangements according to supervisory instructions.
- Provides continual coverage for assigned phone lines daily, transfers calls and records messages as instructed.
- Routes reports, correspondence and other material via interdepartmental and other mail delivery services.
- Orders materials and requisitions services as needed.
- Requisitions stock and non-stock items as needed with authorized approvals within prescribed deadlines.
- Operates and maintains office equipment according to hospital policy and procedures.
- Determines appropriate action (disposition) to take in assisting with administrative issues.
- Reviews expenditures and utilization of office supplies, maintaining expenses within budgeted parameters.
- Maintains Administrative and Hospital information in a confidential and discreet manner in daily activities.
Key tasks associated with a special project(s) are as follows:
- Takes minutes when requested and transcribes same for distribution within time frames as designated by the Senior Vice President and maintains files for JCAHO review.
- Maintains pending filing system for Senior Vice President.
- Communicates effectively to keep Senior Vice President updated on all issues, progress on projects, and other necessary information.
- Opens, prioritizes, and distributes mail daily and routes important correspondence for immediate action.
- Reviews correspondence and initiates action as indicated, clarifying as necessary with Senior Vice President.
Finance Special Projects
- Reviews all corporate credit card statements and backup documentation for payment on a monthly basis coordinating with the Administrative Assistants/Secretaries for each individual card holder.
- Accurately prepares the ACH and related Corporations' Finance Committee packets and Investment Committee packets within established timeframe.
- Other related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Note: College coursework preferred
Certificate from college program or technical school
5 years total experience required
which includes 5 years of administrative clerical experience
• which includes Experience with Microsoft Word software (Access, Word, Excel, Power point) experience
Must be able to type 60 words a minute with a 5% error rate.
Excellent organizational skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to manage multiple deadlines and tasks.
Good decision making skills
Physical Activity - Stand
Physical Activity - Walk
Physical Activity - Sit
Physical Activity - Use hands to touch, handle, or feel
Physical Activity - Reach with hands and arms
Physical Activity - Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, twist, or bend
Physical Activity - Talk or hear
Physical Environment - Inside Office Environment / conditions
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 10 pounds
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 25 pounds
Noise Level - In general, the noise level for this position is considered to be:
Arkansas Children's Hospital - 11 months ago
As the only pediatric medical center in the state, Arkansas Children's Hospital (ACH) serves the youngest Razorbacks from birth to age...