Spring Internship 2013 -Internal Audit
Location: RI - Pawtucket
Employment Type: Intern
Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide-range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Company’s world class brand portfolio. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, video games and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its customers through the strategic leveraging of well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY. The Hub, Hasbro’s multi-platform joint venture with Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) launched on October 10, 2010. The online home of The Hub is www.hubworld.com. The Hub logo and name are trademarks of Hub Television Networks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Come see how we inspire play through our brands at http://www.hasbro.com. © 2010 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
INTERNAL AUDIT INTERN
Under the direct supervision of in-charge Senior and Internal Auditors, the Internal Audit Intern provides essential assistance during internal audit activities, contributing to the completion of specific tasks within the overall scope of the audit project.
This position reports to the Director of Internal Audit. During the course of audit engagements, the Internal Audit Intern will generally work under the direction and supervision of a Senior Internal Auditor or Audit Management.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Assist in performance of work on assigned segments of the audit.
1. 2. Assist in determining records or activities to analyze, the extent of tests to apply and the working papers to prepare.
3. 3. Assist performing the audit in a professional manner in accordance with the approved audit program.
5. 4. Assist in obtaining, analyzing and evaluating evidentiary data as a basis for an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the control system(s) and on the performance efficiency of the activities being reviewed.
7. 5. Review transactions, documents, records, reports and methods for accuracy and effectiveness.
9. 6. Prepare acceptable working papers that record and summarize data on the assigned audit segment.
11. 7. Participate in preliminary discussions of apparent deficiencies with operating personnel to verify facts and to obtain explanations of such deficiencies as necessary.
13. 8. Assist in developing solutions for routine technical issues arising during the performance of the audit project.
Education and Experience Requirements: :
- Must have completed junior year of college with concentration in Accounting.
- Strong ability to pay close attention to details
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Well organized
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and efficiently
- Proficient with MS Office applications and web-based tools
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
J2W Posting Code: Corporate Business Services
Business Unit: Corporate
Hasbro, Inc. (Hasbro) is engaged in providing children’s and family leisure time and entertainment products and services, including...