Los Angeles based Internet Brands is currently seeking a Systems Administrator to help us with our virtual private cloud as a member of the UNIX/Linux Operations Group. The ideal candidate will maximize up time with minimum effort and will thrive in a dynamic environment. Additionally, the right person will be able to advise management of system related issues and how to avoid them; ensure that systems remain stable, secure and fast; integrate and leverage new technologies
As a Systems Administrator you will be a part of the team responsible for all UNIX and Linux systems used in production, staging, and development environments. You will be supporting a 24x7 network of websites which attracts over 70 million unique visitors each month.
- Setup, configuration, general maintenance and troubleshooting of all Unix and Linux systems.
- Administration of server, network and storage hardware.
- Management of operating systems and system applications.
- Assisting DBAs, Developers and QA users, with application operation, performance tuning, and troubleshooting.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for one or more systems such as Monitoring, Configuration Management, Load Balancing, Network and Application Security, Storage Management, Infrastructure Automation, Application/Language Support, and/or Site Migrations.
- Respond to service outages.
- Manage internal systems such as Mail and DNS.
- Performance tuning of applications such as Apache, Tomcat, lighttpd, nginx, and varnish.
- Experience with highly available, multi-node linux environments or server farms.
- Familiarity with management tools such as Puppet or Chef.
- Experience with at least two UNIX/Linux distributions, eg, RedHat (incl. CentOS, Fedora), Debian (incl. Ubuntu), FreeBSD, OpenBSD Solaris, etc..
- Knowledge of managing and configuring RAID systems, including SAN/NAS appliances.
- Ability to lift and install Server, Storage, and Network Hardware.
- Basic familiarity with at least one networking CLI environment, such as Cisco, F5, Force10, Foundry, Juniper, Brocade, Quagga.
- Familiarity with at least one virtualization stack, eg, VMWare, Xen, Eucalyptus, AWS, OpenStack, KVM, etc..
- Working knowledge of at least one RDBMS, eg Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, etc..
- Strong understanding of security best practices and forensic techniques, eg, tcpdump, wireshark, iptables, ipset.
- Scripting in at least one language other than BASH, eg Ruby, Python, Perl, PHP, TCL.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Professional demeanor (tattoos ok).
- Can participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
- BS or equivalent work experience.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including a casual work environment.
To apply, please visit: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA5/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CARSDIRECT&cws=2&rid=538
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands (www.internetbrands.com) is an innovative online media company that operates media, community, and e-commerce websites in consumer categories including automotive, health, shopping, and travel. We also create and license leading social media software and applications.
Internet Brands’ network of 200+ websites reaches more than 90 million unique visitors each month. Our network is ranked one of the Top 50 most popular web properties on the Internet by comScore. Our Automotive and Home portfolios rank in the Top 5 most-visited properties in their respective categories as ranked by comScore, and our websites have received dozens of awards from publications including Time Magazine, MSNBC, PC World, and Forbes.
Keywords: UNIX, Linux, Apache, Red Hat, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Systems Administrator, Systems Engineer, LAMP, puppet, security, Xen, qmail, postfix, sendmail, DNS, BIND, Apache, Tomcat, lighttpd, nginx, varnish
Internet Brands - 2 years ago
Looking for a car or a career change? Internet Brands can fill you in on all you need to know. The company owns and operates 100-plus...