Make daily floor plans per shift to ensure proper rotation and coverage of stations.
Review staffing, schedules and vacations.
Coach and train on policies and procedures.
Train employees in the performance of their duties.
Supervise floor service in dining rooms during hours of operation.
Maintain contacts with cashiers to ensure correct policies and procedures for check handling / closing are maintained by service staff.
Delegate responsibilities to employees and supervise tasks to completion, correctly and on time.
Supervise staff activities, ways of access and egress to ensure complete compliance with Health Department and Fire Marshall Regulations.
Perform employee evaluations and manage all issues related to attendance records and FileNet in general.
Discipline or commend employees following departmental rules and complying with the Union contract.
Order supplies through the IP System and Purchasing.
Prepare purchase requisitions for any outlets from the Monte Carlo warehouse or support departments.
Keep inventory form and stocking area updated.
Properly label and date all products to ensure safe keeping and sanitation.
Analyze financial reports on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis.
Identify and implement cost-cutting measures and initiatives Able to contact engineering department or other vendors to repair equipment.
Understand and manage Profit & Loss statements, general business practices of restaurant operation.
Manage Infogenesis pricing / maintenance issues to ensure checks can be processed correctly.
Follow current proper policies and procedures for Manager comps and voids.
Utilizes Avero to maximize sales and profits, manage daily labor and other operating expenses.
Exercise cost controls for all aspects of restaurant operation.
Conduct weekly FF&E checklists to maintain furniture, fixtures and equipment. Ensure dining rooms are in accordance with the 4 Star/4 Diamond Maintenance Program, to include carpet, walls, light bulbs, windows and overall general cleanliness.
Anticipate the guests’ needs and respond appropriately with a sense of urgency – personal supervision of guest complaints.
Work as a team member, assisting guests’ and employees’ needs and inquiries.
Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- At least 3 years of service experience in a similar dining environment.
- Working knowledge of Point of Sale (POS) systems and operations.
- Working knowledge of health, safety and sanitation regulations.
- Working knowledge of Culinary Union contracts.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- At least 5 years of Management experience in a similar environment.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 2 years ago
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...