Clare Bridge (Memory Care) Program Coordinator
Job Number: 65806
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. (BSL) a publicly traded company (NYSE: BKD)
Want to become a member of our professional team and work for the largest senior living provider in the United States?
Consider joining our team at the Greenwich Bay in East Greenwich, RI!!
One Company - One Mission - One Voice. Good people make the difference and are the key to the company’s success. Brookdale Senior Living operates 640 locations in 36 states and employs approximately 40,000 full and part time associates and serves nearly 72,000 residents. BSL offers its residents access to a full continuum of services. - independent living, assisted living, retirement centers / continuing care retirement communities ( CCRC ) and management services.
Immediate Opening: Program Coordinator
Job Number: 65806
Job Type: Part Time-approx. 24 hrs./week
Location: Greenwich Bay--945 Main Street, East Greenwich, RI 02818
Contact: Dawn Lindelow
The Clare Bridge Program Coordinator administers dementia programs to meet the specific needs of each and all residents within the memory care facility. Ensures residents’ lives are maintained to the extent possible by providing activities and contact with the community. Ensures residents are treated with respect and dignity, recognizing individual needs and encouraging independence.
We seek the following qualifications:
- Designing a creative and exciting life enrichment program to meet the individual needs and interests of the residents
- Planning seven-day per week life enrichment calendar that promotes resident participation in a structured environment; including one-to-one programming for residents who cannot participate in a group
- Ensuring life enrichment programs meet all state, federal, and other regulations
- Coordinating training and education of resident care staff regarding memory care program/activities on an ongoing basis
- Participating in the preadmission screening of prospective new residents as assigned by supervisor - Participating in the review of individual resident’s service plans and completing program documentation as required - Participating in discharge review with other members of the management team
- Providing guidance and acting as a resource to staff on the importance of programming/life enrichment and other areas regarding the quality of life for residents
- Coordinating and participating in special events at the community including family socials and open houses
- Developing and maintains contact with community agencies and organizations
- Communicating positively with residents, families, and community professionals regarding the memory care program and its benefits - Communicating with families regarding residents’ personal needs and achievements
- Reporting changes in residents’ overall health to the nurse, including changes in behavior; taking actions to address concerns in a timely manner
- Coordinating the transportation of residents to and from scheduled events outside of the facility, which may include driving a community motor vehicle
- Participating in department quality improvement activities including completion of quality assurance surveys as assigned by the Executive Director
- Monitoring department budget, equipment, and supplies
- Managing volunteer program, including training and supervising volunteers
- Assisting in tours and providing telephone support as needed
HOW TO APPLY: Please send your resume to Dawn Lindelow at Dawn.Lindelow@brookdaleliving.com or apply online at www.brookdalecareers.com
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in therapeutic recreation or activities-related field preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of management, program and event planning and related experience with residents who have Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias in a residential setting
- Knowledgeable in evaluating resident needs, supervising other employees, and in training volunteers
- This is a part-time position, approximately 24hrs per week, must be available for weekends and evenings.
- Must be a team player and enjoy working with the elderly
- Ability to interact and build relationships with older adults
- Strong creativity and organizational skills
- Strong team building and mentoring skills
Brookdale Senior Living is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug free work place.
Keywords: coordinator, health, health care, healthcare, life enrichment coordinator recreational therapist, recreational therapist, social work, therapist, therapy, volunteer program, Activity, Activities, Activity Director, East Greenwich, RI
Over the brook, and through the dale to grandmother's house we go! Brookdale Senior Living operates assisted and independent living...