Director of Marketing – Washington, DC area
Live Nation is the world’s leading live music company,
annually connecting more than 67 million fans with their
favorite performers at over 33,000 events. We are the
largest producer of live concerts in the world, the
second-largest venue management company and have a
rapidly growing online presence. Live Nation creates
superior experiences for artists and fans, regularly
producing tours for the biggest superstars in the
business, including The Rolling Stones, Barbra
Streisand, Madonna, U2 and Coldplay. Globally, we own,
operate and/or have booking rights for more than 170
venues, including House of Blues-branded music venues
and prestigious locations such as San Francisco’s
Fillmore Auditorium, Nikon at Jones Beach in New York
and London’s Hammersmith Apollo and Wembley Arena. Live
Nation’s websites collectively are the second most
popular entertainment event websites in the United
States, according to Nielsen//NetRatings. Headquartered
in Los Angeles, California, Live Nation is listed on the
New York Stock Exchange, trading under the symbol “LYV.”
For more information regarding concerts near you, Live
Nation and its businesses, please visit our website at
The Marketing Director is responsible for all
advertising and marketing of all events at The Fillmore
in Silver Spring, MD and The Warner Theatre in
Washington, DC plus assisting VP of Marketing with other
Live Nation area events.
releases, solicit stories for upcoming events, handles
- Handling all publicity requests including press
day of show photo/media requests.
television, print, web).
- Maintain and update press and contact lists (radio,
materials and photos to writers, editors and other
- Compiling and sending press releases, publicity
promoter partners as directed.
and television stations, sending instructions to traffic
- Writing radio copy, distributing spots to both radio
managers. Works with in house graphics department on
print ads, flyers, postcards and posters for upcoming
- Arrange artist/media interviews; phone-ins, remotes,
outside agents and managers.
- Develops creative marketing/promotional plans with
local media including the negotiation of rates and the
- Implements creative marketing/promotional plans with
implementation of paid/trade advertising schedules.
projects and initiatives.
- Coordinate show and non-show related marketing
awareness for each event with a focus on non- paid media
- Creating high impact promotions and strong consumer
which results in driving ticket sales.
management such as meet and greets and back stage
- Obtain non-ticket promotion elements from artist
publicity firms, artist management, internal employees
- Build strong relationships with record labels, local
and management and other industry stake holders.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience marketing live
based on the needs of daily business operations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work day, evening and weekend hours,
(Word, Excel, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Maintain a positive public/professional profile at
Reports to: General Managers and Talent
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Position Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Relocation offered – No
To Be Considered:
1. E-mail resume to link above. Use subject line
"Director of Marketing”
2. Include Salary Requirements
3. Include cover letter
We offer competitive compensation including Vacation and
Holiday Pay, Medical/Vision/Dental and Life.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work
authorization which does not require sponsorship by the
employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation strongly supports equal employment
opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, sex,
religion, creed, national origin, age, disability,
sexual orientation or any other legally protected
The preceding job description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed
by employees within this classification. It is not
designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this
Live Nation recruitment policies are designed to place
the most highly qualified persons available in a timely
and efficient manner. Live Nation may pursue all avenues
available, including promotion from within, employee
referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies,
Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and
Req. Code : 3574
Division/Department : Live Nation
Skills : Marketing -> Product / Brand Management,
Live Nation Entertainment - 2 years ago