For more than 25 years, Spectra Laboratories, a division of Fresenius Medical Care North America, has delivered a broad range of specialized testing services, industry-leading software, and clinical research capabilities that help hospitals, dialysis clinics, and other medical facilities improve patient outcomes. For more information please visit our website at www.spectra-labs.com Spectra Labs is currently seeking a Temporary Licensed Clinical Technologist (Med Technologist)
- Thorough understanding and ability to order, prepare and perform all clinical and environmental tests.
- Primary function: Culture workup for identification and susceptibility of pathogenic organisms.
- Check and validate tests as appropriate before finalizing patient results.
- Evaluate department tests for accuracy and validity before they are released for reporting.
- Order reagents, media, supplies and equipment parts, and other miscellaneous items as needed.
- Operation and maintenance of appropriate equipment and instrumentation. (Ex: Vitek 2, BacT/Alert, Urine strip reader, cytocentrifuge/stainer, microscopes, etc.)
- Responsible for all maintenance and recording of required Quality Control/Quality Assurance records.
- Must have ability to type and use a computer with proficiency to perform order entry functions.
- Good verbal an written communication skills required.
- Coordinate and assist in the work activities of Laboratory Technicians and others as directed.
- Exhibit advanced problem solving skills (over Tech 1 Level)
- Ability to train Technicians in all duties.
- Willingness to contribute ideas and talents to the team.
- Help solve issues of workflow, efficiency, organization and cooperation.
- Self motivated toward continuing education, dialysis, microbiology and other job related subjects.
- Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor's degree in the Clinical Sciences. Microbiology emphasis preferred.
Demonstrated experience as a Clinical Technologist with at least two years of departmental experiece preferred.
Must have the ability and experience to supervise a department in a clinical reference laboratory.
Licensure by the State of California as a Clinical Technologist and meets the requirements for New York as a Clinical Technologist.
Fresenius Medical Care - 3 years ago
Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) operates a network of more than 1,800 dialysis clinics located throughout the US. One of the...