TEKsystems is currently is search of a Unix Systems Engineer for a client in South Florida. Our client has a rather large environment so we are looking for a Systems Engineer experienced with more than 300 servers and more than 50 locations.
Roles and Responsibilities
Candidates will be contacted prior to submittal.
- Daily administration and maintenance of central server architecture
- Debugging and performance tuning of existing and new infrastructure
- Building lots of new virtual and physical servers for both production and Dev/QA
- Working tickets submitted by development, engineering and support groups
- After-hours maintenance and on-call pager rotation
- Candidates should have at least basic admin experience with most of the following: Apache, DNS, SSH, samba, some sort of open source SQL
- Should be familiar with: vi, tcpdump, Isof, sed, awk, basic shell scripting, basic networking
- Extended experience with perl, apache, java, iptables, iproute2, debian package management, sendmail, CVS, git, MRTG/RRD, ipvs, puppet experience managing a networked computing environment
Candidates MUST be eligible to work on TEKsystems W2
TEKSystems - 19 months ago
TEKsystems, a subsidiary of staffing giant Allegis, provides IT consulting and staffing services from locations in North America and Europe....