Cockram Construction Inc is a management owned, integrated Construction Services business founded by Thomas Cockram in 1861 in Melbourne, Australia.
- Our areas of operation include: military, government, industrial, chemical, pharma/bio, oil & gas/petrochem, food & beverage, electronics, institutional, health care, R&D and commercial
- We specialize in providing capital project solutions with a focus that is integral to the clients end needs. We provide EPCM, PM, CM and project controls services.
- We have a proven track record for project delivery worldwide: safely, on time, to quality standards and to the original cost target.
- Prepares estimate plan, basis of estimates, and conceptual estimates for new projects, including scaling of quantities, schedule of items, calculation of quantities, pricing, and preliminaries
- Develops the basis of estimate at a level of detail appropriate to the size and complexity of the project, providing the pricing methodology along with assumptions and clarifications
- Coordinates estimate reviews with the appropriate project team members
- Evaluates and recommends all allowance categories, including design allowance, construction allowance, escalation, and contingency as required to represent the final budget of the project.
- Tracks historical costs with appropriate benchmarking data to support future project estimates and funding requests.
- Analyzes quotes and makes comparisons from sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Compiles bid tab history information
- Determine project ROM budget at project initiation based on preliminary scope and pre-drawing ideas
- Develop estimates based on project WBS
- Evaluate feasibility of multiple options in the planning phase on the project
- Provide estimate of costs of varied types of construction methods and projects
- Recommend best use of available capital to meet project drivers and expectations
- Present results of evaluations and options to client management
- Develops and maintains standard material and labor units taking in to consideration geographical, economical, and other assumptions.
- Cost research for local and overseas markets, including dealing with currency issues, need for quality, etc.
- Assisting with post-tender variations.
- Actively solicit and encourage sub-contractors and suppliers to price our work competitively.
- Obtain confirmation of sub-contractor/supplier quotations and prepare a balanced/rated Bill of Quantities on successful projects.
- Liaise with construction staff on estimate anomalies and variances
- Other duties as would be expected in an Estimating Department
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Cost Planning and Cost Estimating training and background
- Experience supporting small and large scale engineering and construction projects
- Background in the biotechnology / pharmaceutical industry, with experience in office and laboratory construction is required
Experience in GMP manufacturing and supply chain construction
- Knowledgeable in cost engineering and scheduling, with a background interfacing with both
- At least 8-10 years of overall estimation experience with BA degree or additional years without BA, plus prior experience within the last 2-5 years in an estimation oversight and review role
estimator, estimating, estimate, estimates, cost estimating, cost estimator, cost estimates, cost estimate, senior estimator, chief estimator, lead estimator, project estimator, quantity surveyor, construction, laboratories, lab, laboratory, cleanroom, clean room, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, industrial, pharma, pharmaceutical, bio, biotech, biotechnology, ASPE, American Society of Professional Estimators
CareerBuilder - 8 months ago
Esslemont Cockram is a merger of two of the oldest and most reputable commercial and industrial construction companies in Australia.