Provides HR Business Partner Support to a designated customer base. Leads and supports all key HR functional areas within assigned group to include retention, employee development, employee relations, legal compliance, performance management, compensation analysis, recruiting etc. Provides alignment at the functional level to identify efficiencies, provide consistency, and streamline processes, methodologies, and practices in the areas of human resources. Interacts with management or senior management on matters concerning functional area(s).
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s and/or PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- In partnership with Corporate HR and senior leadership within customer group, executes strategy for talent management program and helps achieve optimal results in organizational and employee development.
- Works with leadership to ensure performance planning is in alignment with corporate goals/objectives.
- Provides training and direction to leadership on effective performance management practices and processes.
- Identifies trends within customer group, formulates and executes action plans to address issues through proactive training, turnover and retention strategies, career development, and other methods.
- In partnership with the HR Director, identifies current and future organizational needs and works to ensure alignment within company.
- Drives employee relations solutions. Fosters positive employee relations climate.
- Works with leadership on defining job scope changes or newly created positions within the organization. Researches and compiles market data and prepares recommendations.
- Identifies trends and issues associated with total compensation matters within customer group and partners with compensation team to identify solutions.
- Provides advice and tactical direction to customer group and leadership on matters pertaining to compensation processes (pay evaluations, merit process, etc.).
- Partners with compensation team to gain final approvals on job evaluations, compensation analysis and recommendations for equity adjustments.
- In partnership with Recruiter, develops and executes strategies for effective talent acquisition. Works closely with leadership team within customer group to identify effective solutions to recruiting top talent.
- Ensures succession plan is reviewed prior to beginning the recruiting and selection process and considers internal talent relevant to the succession plan. Identifies gaps in the succession plans and partners with hiring manager to formulate a plan. Formal Training/Education:
Minimum of 8 years human resources or related experience with at least 5 years in a generalist capacity, preferably multi-site and cross functional experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be a self-starter and problem solver with high energy, capable of functioning in a dynamic, fast-paced, change-oriented environment.
- Ability to change the thinking of or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations.
- Ability to manage effectively within a complex environment where dealing with some level of ambiguity is required.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication and listening skills.
- Solid understanding of federal, state and local equal opportunity laws and regulations.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills with different levels across an organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and use of HRIS databases.
Roche - 17 months ago
Roche is on a medicinal roll. The company operates two segments, pharmaceuticals and diagnostics, and sells its products in some 180...