Are you passionate about people? Are you passionate about New York City? If yes, join us!
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts is proud to announce the opening of its first TRYP by Wyndham hotel in the United States right in the heart of Manhattan at 345 West 35th Street between Eighth and Ninth Avenues.
TRYP New York City - Times Square South will feature the signature guest rooms that have become a staple of the brand in its European and South American properties. Fitness rooms will feature a fitness machine and complimentary fitness attire, offering guests privacy while maintaining their workout routines. Family rooms will serve as ideal accommodations for families with small children, featuring a large bed for parents and bunk beds for children. Guests will be treated to an open, social environment as they enter the hotel lobby. The property will also feature a fitness center, a business center and function space accommodating up to 100 meeting attendees.
Cities are as individual as people themselves... full of character, full of life and endlessly full of adventure. We have an exciting opportunity for Line Cooks with an energetic spirit to join our team.
The Cook is responsible for preparing all food items, based on standardized recipes, for the F&B outlets while maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation and safety in the kitchen and work areas while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production ratio.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Previous culinary experience required.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham International standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag when working.
- Comply at all times with Wyndham International standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required, according to hotel standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas.
- Complete necessary food and station preparation prior to the opening of the restaurant in order to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently during the Restaurant and Room Service operating hours.
- Prepare and display buffet food items according to the hotel standards.
- Proficiency in the following cooking techniques: charbroiling, poaching, deep-frying, sauté, braising, roasting and par-cooking.
- Recognize quality standards in fresh vegetables, fish, dairy and meat products.
- Knowledge of herbs and spices and proper use of each.
- Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of proper handling, storage, and sanitation.
- Prepare food for Banquets, ad required, following specifications on Banquet Event Orders.
- Prepare and service food for the Employee Cafeteria as specified by the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Prepare all foods following hotel standard recipes. Preparation of specials will be under the direction of the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Breakdown buffets and kitchen line, storing food and equipment properly at the end of each meal period.
- Work banquet food station as scheduled by the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing equipment.
- Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or other employees.
- Use Production Charts as specified by hotel's standards.
- Be able to support any position in the Kitchen that is in need of help.
- Be able to operate and maintain cleanliness of all kitchen equipment.
- Maintain a "Clean As You Go" policy.
- Assist in storage and rotation of food items according to hotel procedures.
- Sign keys out and back in under supervision as needed.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
United States of America-New York-New York
Wyndham Hotel Group
Feb 7, 2013, 4:51:44 PM
Wyndham Worldwide Corporation is a hospitality company engaged in offering individual consumers and business customers a range of...