The Pharmacy Resident, working within their scope of practice, performs the duties of a pharmacist in accordance with established procedures and under direct supervision. The Pharmacy Resident is responsible for providing competent, efficient and ethical pharmacy operations and basic pharmacotherpeutic services for the assigned caseload of patients.
1. Perform pharmaceutical services related to the preparation and dispensing of drugs and other pharmaceutical supplies in accordance with physicians' prescriptions.
2. Advise physicians and patients regarding the proper usage of prescribed drugs under strict supervision.
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy with a BS/PharmD degree required.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: Experience in unit dose distribution, IV admixture, and computerized medical order entry and pharmacy profiles is preferred.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Licensed in the state of practice as a Registered Pharmacist. BLS/CPR and ACLS/PALS certification preferred.
1. Basic computer and keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
2. Ability to identify medications and to read graduation marks on syringes and flasks
3. Strong planning, prioritizing and organizational skills
4. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
5. Ability to think and act independently
6. Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. Caregivers of PeaceHealth embrace the spirit of these words and share our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, and are willing to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Please see above.
PeaceHealth - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and...