We have an immediate opening for a Billing Analyst I that is accountable for the accurate and timely research and resolution of customer inquiries. The Billing Analyst I manages a multi customer portfolio which includes the following objectives:
- Conduct in depth research and investigation via internal systems for customer credit validation or denial.
- Formulate detailed Root Cause Analysis through process breakdown valuation and identify departmental ownership based on Savvis' billings practices.
- Provide supporting documentation for external departmental cure plan opportunities.
- Accurate and timely processing of high volume customer inquiries contributing to customer satisfaction and A/R cash flow.
- Log, track, and manage billing inquiries from customers and internal departments.
- Interpret contracts to ensure invoice compliance and validation of monthly recurring charges and variable rates.
- Understanding accounting principles for appropriate GL coding of Credit/Debit Memos.
- Execute simple and complex pricing calculations including pro-rations of monthly recurring charges and variable rates.
- Ensure relevant information is contained within billing inquiry customer files.
- Administrative office duties as required: file, fax, copy.
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of all billing platforms and interdependent systems.
- Process awareness: contract review/submission, order entry, service delivery and production billing.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of product offerings and corresponding billing cycles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex issues in a professional and positive manner.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Interface with Savvis organizations within and outside of Financial Operations, (i.e. Service Delivery, Operations, Order Entry, etc.).
- Analytical, keen attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Assertive and upbeat personality.
- PC competencies including Microsoft Office suite.
- Two years of billing or customer service experience is preferred.
- Four year Accounting/Business Degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Telecommunications experience is preferred.
- ACDN phone system experience is preferred.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
CenturyLink - 6 months ago
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services...