Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: www.usbr.gov .
View our DVD titled "Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork" at: www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/
Position is being advertised concurrently under BR-GP-IESG-13-12, for current Federal employees serving under competitive service career or career-conditional appointments, former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility, VEOA eligible veterans or persons eligible for non-competitive appointment under special appointing authorities (such as 30% disabled veterans). If you are interested in applying under both announcement numbers, you must submit application packages for each.
Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as a Graphics & Electronic Information Tech. You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment.
Would you enjoy ensuring the safe and efficient operation of Government facilities? Responsibilities include maintaining and providing Region-wide graphics, printing, and interactive data interface design services for the Engineering Support Team and assisting with the production of and providing for the security of all microfilmed engineering maps and drawings, including data and reference files within the Bureau of Reclamation, Great Plains Regional Office.
Here is a great opportunity to join a great organization with excellent growth potential!
Promotions to the next grade/salary level are neither guaranteed nor automatic, but based on supervisor initiation.
For living conditions go to: www.usbr.gov/gp/employment/living_conditions.pdf
Relocation expenses will not be paid by the Government. Any travel, transportation and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the responsibility of the selected employee.
- U.S. Citizenship or National. Valid State driver's license required. Travel
- 2 nights per month. You must submit a resume and supporting documents (see
- How to Apply). For veterans consideration, submit documents(s) under
- Required Documents. Must meet education and/or specialized experience
- (See Qualifications). Provide transcripts if applicable.
- Recommends designs for labels to be printed directly onto CD or DVD to include pertinent information, be artistically and aesthetically pleasing, and conform to the Visual Identity Program.
- Recommends design and layout of aesthetically pleasing report covers, flyers, posters, brochures, etc., conforming to the Bureau of Reclamation's Visual Identity Program, using text supplied by others. Uses specialized software designed to run media imaging devices.
- Scans documents using a variety of sophisticated hardware and software to create digital records of the files.
- Utilizes a wide variety of sophisticated hardware and software to produce high quality digital files and prints of original drawings. Uses the tools available in Adobe PhotoShop, AutoCAD, RasterDesign and other graphics software to enhance, clean and restore images.
- Data entry to support and maintain tracking systems of all drawings. Furnishes requested microfilm, aperture cards, and prints for personnel in the Region.
- Controls the digital conversion operations, requiring use and care of microfilm reader/printer, scanner, plotter, and use and training on the engineering drawing reproduction equipment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
GS-5: 4 years of education above high school -OR- 1 year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to at least the GS-04 level in the Federal service -OR- a combination of successfully completed post-high school education and experience. Only education in excess of the first 60 semester hours (i.e., beyond the second year) is creditable toward meeting the specialized experience requirement.
GS-6: 1 year of Specialized Experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to at least the GS-5 level in the Federal service.
GS-7: 1 year of Specialized Experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to at least the GS-6 level in the Federal service.
If you are substituting education for experience, you MUST furnish a copy of your transcript)s) of college work completed.
DEFINITION OF SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: To meet specialized experience, your resume must describe experience that demonstrates the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities as follows:
GS-5: Experience scanning and printing labels on CDs/DVDs.
GS-6: Experience scanning and printing labels on CDs/DVDs, developing spreadsheets, and working with databases such as Microsoft Access or Excel.
GS-7: Experience scanning and printing labels on CDs/DVDs, developing spreadsheets, and working with databases in Microsoft Access, Excel, and AutoCAD.
This vacancy announcement allows substituting education for experience. You must submit a copy of your college transcript (unofficial copy is acceptable) to support your education if you are substituting education for experience. Transcripts must include the name of the college or university and date the degree was conferred.
Foreign Education: To receive credit for education completed outside the United States, applicants must show proof that the education has been submitted to a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign educational credentials and such education has been deemed at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education programs.
You must meet all qualification requirements and any selective factors by the closing date of this announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Category rating and selection procedures will be used for evaluating this position. If you meet the basic qualification requirements, your on-line responses to the vacancy assessment questionnaire will be used to determine the quality and extent of your experience, education, training, etc., for placement in one of the following categories: 1) Highly Qualified, 2) Qualified. Qualified candidates will be assigned a numerical score on a scale of 70-100 and Veterans with preference will be placed at the top of their respective category. The assessment questionnaire will take you approximately 30 minutes to complete.
Applicants will be further evaluated on the following “Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)” through your resume and responses to the online questions.
1. Knowledge of the setup, operation, and adjustment procedures for equipment, such as reproduction equipment, microfiche readers, high-resolution scanners, wide-format scanners, film scanners, plotters and printers, CD-R and DVD+/-R media imaging devices, and other related equipment.
2. Knowledge in a variety of software applications including, but not limited to, applications in databases, spreadsheets, word processing, Production server, CD designer, Quick Disc, Disc Juggler, Discus LE, Adobe Acrobat, TeamWorks Meridian, DreamWeaver, GoLive, WideImage, AutoCAD, Adobe Photo Shop and other graphic applications.
3. Knowledge of file formats, file sizes, judgment of quality vs. compression, and artistic and graphic skill to design web pages, report covers, CD/DVD labels, fliers, posters, brochures, etc.
Applicants’ answers to questions will be verified against information provided in their online resumes. Be sure that the resume clearly supports the responses to all the questions by addressing experience, education and/or training relevant to this position. Applicants must make a fair and accurate assessment of their qualifications. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is apparent in your description of experience, competencies, skills, and/or education/training OR that your resume/application is incomplete, you may be rated ineligible or your score may be lowered.
To preview questions please click here .
Working for the Bureau of Reclamation offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid vacation, sick leave, holiday, life insurance, health benefits, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System. To explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees, visit: www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter/Index/Interactive/Benefits#icc .
Reclamation has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisory approval.
-Operation of a Government vehicle is required; therefore, a valid State driver's license is required. Driving record will be verified prior to final selection.
-Travel of 2 nights per month.
-Selective Service: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. For more information visit: www.sss.gov
-Equal Employment Opportunity: The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factor.
usajobs.gov - 2 years ago