Job ID: 7186
Job Location: San Diego, CA
City: San Diego
Country: United States
Job Category: Information Technology
The Active Network, Inc. provides Software as a Service and marketing services to community service organizations worldwide and has earned a reputation as a leading online destination for active lifestyles, winning the best place to work in San Diego by the San Diego business journal. The company’s application services help organizations reduce the cost and complexity of managing the things people love, want, and need to do during their daily activities. The IT organization is committed to being a partner to the business with heavy focus on driving competitive value through the architecture, design, and operations; utilizing leading edge cloud based technologies and impeccable service.
We are seeking a Sr. SQL Database Administrator with solid experience maintaining Microsoft SQL Server for high-scale, consumer-facing websites. Must have strong experience deploying and maintaining fault-tolerant, redundant systems that never go down.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background working with Microsoft SQL Server in a production environment, however will also have some level of experience with other database platforms such as MySQL or Oracle. We are looking for an individual that participates in community debate by database professionals, actively participates in forums and constantly asks constructive questions regarding entrenched viewpoints and pushes existing boundaries.
You will join the Active Network’s Database Administration team to support a host of products. Primarily, you will work with the core database systems that support applications across the Active Network. The key responsibilities for this position will be to serve as a Microsoft SQL expert for developments, and be responsible for provisioning and supporting the existing Microsoft SQL development and production environments.
- Work with various teams and collect metrics from existing database systems in order to outline the hardware requirements for new Microsoft SQL Server development and production environment. Work with project managers and others to determine the specific system needs, design and implement high availability and disaster recovery solutions.
- Cross-training with DBA team members in order to provide broader support across RDMBs systems.
- Provide architectural feedback and advice to developers regarding database coding and schema design.
- Development of Build Documents and Run Books for support of production systems. Assist in developing and documenting policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and ensuring compliance within the database environment
- Implementation of high level security on Microsoft SQL Server platforms consistent with existing security policies and procedures.
- Advanced support for Microsoft SQL Server including setup, configuration, performance tuning, upgrading, patching, monitoring as well as backup and recovery operations. A fundamental understanding of the SQL Server Internals as well as solid familiarity with Dynamic Management Views is a requirement.
- Analyze server performance, database behavior, etc to identify performance bottlenecks and develop solutions including hardware modifications, OS configuration changes, indexing and code modifications.
- Work with storage and server engineers to develop requirements for Microsoft SQL server hardware configuration, including disk layout, raid levels, memory requirements, etc.
- Collaborate with team members on technologies, architecture, concepts and standards as related to database management systems.
- Bachelors Degree and eight years experience as a Database Administrator.
- Three years experience as a DBA supporting Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or 2008 in a production environment including setup, configuration, performance tuning, upgrading, patching, monitoring, backup and recovery and documentation.
- Three years experience designing and database systems for optimal database performance including hardware specification, operating system configuration and physical database configuration.
- Three years experience working directly with end-users to define requirements and provide technical advice and assistance.
- Three years experience with systems and database management monitoring tools
- Two years experience implementing and supporting high availability solutions such as clustering, replication, log shipping, or data mirroring.
- Two years experience with basic Windows administration as related to database administration: Installing, patching and troubleshooting Microsoft SQL, basic user management, performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Experience with other database platforms a plus.
Active Network, Inc. - 2 years ago
The Active Network delivers integrated technology solutions, marketing services and online media properties that enable and encourage...