We are looking for an exciting and energetic engineering graduate to join our growing design team. The PV Designer position relies heavily on civil, mechanical, and electrical engineering concepts and calculations, with a focus on efficiency and automation. The ability to be detail-oriented as well as see the bigger picture is a must, and the ideal candidate will be able to manage a large volume of projects while demonstrating excellent communication.
The responsibilities are primarily using AutoCAD to create full plan sets for residential PV systems. This can include, but is not limited to, creating structural side views, attachment details, performing beam calculations, creating a line diagram of the wiring schematic, and performing electrical calculations.
The ideal candidate must have the following skills and qualifications:
- Use AutoCAD 2D software and custom software tools to design residential photovoltaic ground mount and roof top systems.
- Work with project managers to submit plans and drawings to building departments.
- Track permitting process through approval.
- Work cross functionally with sales, project management and installation teams to ensure clients’ needs and internal deadlines are met.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and/or directed.
Desirable but not necessary:
- At least one (1) year of intense AutoCAD experience is absolutely necessary.
- Knowledge of mechanical design and beam theory.
- Knowledge of electrical design theory and concepts.
- BS in mechanical, civil, or electrical engineering, or other related discipline from a top-tier college or university.
- Great attitude.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Knowledge of residential and commercial construction.
- PV Industry certifications.
Back to Careers
Read more about Solar Topps.
Solar Topps - 10 months ago
Solar Topps is a leading residential and commercial solar photovoltaic (PV) design and integration company based in Tempe, Arizona.