Idaho Transportation Department
Our Mission: Your Safety. Your Mobility. Your Economic Opportunity.
This announcement will be used to fill the current opening in our District 3, Boise location, working on the Striping Crew during summer months and Winter Maintenance during the winter months.
Incumbents are required to work in all weather conditions, under hazardous conditions, on obstructed roads and congested highways, in considerable noise, around operating equipment, and with hazardous materials. Frequent travel to and from work site with some overnight stay is required. The Idaho Transportation Department requires pre-employment drug testing, and random drug and alcohol tests.
The position requires:
- Class A CDL with tanker endorsement within 60 days of hire.
- Position may be required to work split shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Pre-employment drug testing, and random drug and alcohol tests.
- Upon completion of training, the employee's title and salary will change to a Transportation Technician at an hourly rate of $14.06. This training program has been state approved for veterans education benefits.
- Perform entry-level technical highway maintenance and engineering work; performs related work as required
- Operate a variety of power tools and light and heavy highway and construction equipment to maintain roadways, signs, bridges and other transportation facilities
- Conduct routine inspections and field tests on construction and maintenance projects
- Samples materials and conducts routine material tests
- Employees serve an apprenticeship in which they receive on-the-job instruction, classroom training, or self-study courses
- This work involves working in all types of weather conditions, under hazardous conditions, on congested highways, around operating equipment and in a noisy environment
- Working irregular shifts, overtime, weekends, or holidays is frequently required
- Frequent travel to and from the work site with some overnight stay is required
- This work involves physically demanding tasks such as clearing brush and lifting and carrying heavy objects
- Applying for this job indicates that you are willing and physically able to meet the requirements as stated above
- Some positions require employees to work with chemicals and toxic materials and incumbents will be required to undergo periodic biologic testing and pass medical tests while employed in these positions.
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience operating vehicles with manual transmissions
An essential function of this position is driving an ITD vehicle. Incumbents are required to successfully pass a driving record check to be considered for this position. The incumbent will not be considered for this position if the following violations have occurred within the set timeframes:
Within the last three (3) years:
1. Leaving the scene of a personal injury accident
2. Four (4) moving violations
3. Failure to submit to a chemical test
Within the last two (2) years:
1. Three (3) moving violations
Within the last twelve (12) months:
1. Accumulation of six (6) points
2. Driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
3. Two (2) moving violations
Checklist. You will receive a score based on your answers to the checklist
You must receive a minimum rating of 53 to pass this examination
Notification of your test results will be available online when the exam is completed and submitted
To preview the examination,
Click on " Preview Exam " below
You will not be able to take the exam from this screen
If you wish to take the exam, click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided
Idaho Division of Human Resources - 14 months ago