- Bachelor#s degree in Computer Science or equivalent 4 years
- Proficient in one or more systems; windows, network, or telephony
developing collaborative relationships
- Strong written & verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and communication skills while
presentation and communication to senior management
- Be able to present ideas and technical solutions effectively through
informative follow-up to users
- Sound business fundamentals experience. Provides timely and
The Systems Engineer Sr is a proficient level and responsible for the
design and support of infrastructure technology providing configuration
assistance, performing needs assessments, recommendation and
implementation. This position includes all aspects of system monitoring,
system administration, system backups, fine tuning, system controls, and
documentation. The Engineer may install, configure, upgrade and
troubleshoot any issues relating to infrastructure technologies.
1. Provide technical design and support for designated infrastructure
2. Act as liaison to IT and business to gather requirements for
3. Recommend, develop, and test new technology and develops solutions,
documentation for infrastructure or network projects.
4. Work closely with the business and IT to develop cost effective,
operationally supportable solutions that meet complex requirements.
5. Direct customer communication while working closely with all other
technical teams and maintain deep technical knowledge of multiple
6. Assist in developing project cost and benefit estimates to establish
project worth; including alternative considerations leading to
recommendations for new systems or equipment installations, or change to
7. Assist in recommending, developing, and testing new technologies and
solutions, and providing documentation for infrastructure projects.
8. Build and maintain relationships with key vendors, on development,
enhancements and upgrades. Manage these vendors in troubleshooting
9. Negotiates pricing, terms and conditions and technical requirements
10. Assess complex technical problems to develop, appraise and recommend
11. Recommends hardware and software solutions, including new
acquisitions and upgrades.
12. Evaluate new technologies to solve business requirements.
13. Responsible for support for designated infrastructure technology
area 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
14. Proficient at researching, planning and implementing infrastructure
hardware and/or software technologies.
15. Demonstrate a commitment to OfficeMax core values.
16. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be
construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
OfficeMax - 9 months ago
This company is taking the office supply business to the max. OfficeMax is the #3 office products retailer in North America (far behind...