The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is the leading education research company in the nation providing a continuum of education research, assessment, technical assistance and policy analysis from the school level up to the national and international levels. We are currently seeking a Research Associate/SAS Programmer to join our team. The candidate will provide SAS programming and data analysis support to projects relating to large administrative agency data collections support for the production of issue briefs based on original analyses of data from across the National Center for Education Statistics.
- Demonstrate knowledge of SAS data steps, procedures, macros, PROC SQL, and ODS.
- Perform ad-hoc programming with guidance from statisticians, researchers, and analysts.
- Review social science data to verify integrity and consistency for completeness, accuracy and suitability
- Writing publication-quality analytic reports.
- Develop new protocols for assessing data quality and data collection for administrative data collections.
Qualified candidates must possess a Bachelors degree with at least 4 years work experience, preferably in social science research. Master's degree preferred. Additional qualifications should include: broad experience in quantitative analysis; familiarity or experience with NCES datasets desirable; programming experience with statistical software SAS; previous experience with large scale sample surveys also preferable. Candidates must possess the ability to work autonomously as well as with others as part of a team; proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel; excellent oral and written communication skills, and a commitment to high-quality work.
American Institutes for Research - 13 months ago
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...