Line of Business: Community Banking Div Group
Job Category: Administrative Support Workers
1. Specialized client service training with proven
2. Ability to oversee diverse personalities
3. Completion of BB&T Product knowledge and computer based
training compliance course
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job.
Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned
below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Provide professional client service, which includes, but is not
limited to: performing accurate transactions, greeting the client, smiling,
using the client?s name during the transaction, and thanking each client for his
or her business. Refer clients to other branch personnel as
2. Oversee day to day transactions of at least two Tellers/Senior
Tellers in a high quality manner so as to provide superior client service with
minimal service problems.
3. Ensure staff is supportive of sales efforts and that referrals
to branch personnel are seen as a part of quality client
4. Also responsible for the following areas:
a. Recruiting, interviewing and selection of Tellers (with
assistance from Human Systems Employment Consultant) and second level approval
from Financial Center Leader (FCL)
b. Teller training and development
c. Efficient staffing and scheduling of Tellers
d. Salary Administration recommendations
e. Routine coaching and counseling
f. Timely performance reviews with second level approval by
g. Staff disciplinary issues
5. Assist Tellers with complex transactions/client issues ensuring
timely and professional resolution.
6. Responsible for leading and managing the execution of Teller
7. Ensure all operating procedures are followed as outlined in the
Branch Operations Manual (BOM).
8. Administer ongoing coaching, support and inspection of Teller
Referral/Sales Process as well as SMILE Assessment.
9. Assist with Risk Management practices to include management of
Teller differences, losses and Teller errors.
10. Handle proportionate volume of work.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
1. High School diploma or equivalent
2. Two to four years experience as a Senior Teller or
3. Demonstrated ability to read, follow written instructions and
accurately complete written reports
4. Good interpersonal skills
5. Ability to use office machines and perform basic mathematical
6. Demonstrated ability to deliver good client service and provide
7. Demonstrated ability to execute on all teller-related
8. Capability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs
9. Ability to successfully complete all core training as outlined
by BB&T University for
10. Teller Supervisor
11. Ability to speak fluent English
*An electronic assessment is required for this position. Please look for an
e-mail with the subject line "BB&T Teller Vision Assessment Request" the day
after you apply.**
BB&T Human Systems - 22 months ago
BB&T Corporation (BB&T) is a financial holding company. The Company conducts its business operations primarily through its...