Org Marketing Statement
A career at Jones Lang LaSalle puts you in the center of one of the largest, most sophisticated and industry-leading commercial real estate and investment management firms in the world. We are recognized globally for creating real value for clients and employees. Recent awards include
● World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune magazine (2008, 2009, 2011) ● Best Big Companies, Forbes magazine’s Platinum 400 (2006, 2007, 2008) ● World’s Most Ethical Companies, Ethisphere Institute (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011) ● Sustainable Cities Award, Financial Time and Urban Land Institute (2008) ● 100 Best Corporate Citizens, CRO magazine (2007, 2009) ● 505 Out Front Companies for Diverse Leadership: Best Places for Diverse Managers to Work (2011)
We attract, develop and reward the best, and most diverse, people in our industry, challenging them to develop enduring client relationships built on core values like trust, integrity, respect and excellence. When you join our team, you become part of a vibrant environment that is committed to equipping you with the resources to develop a long-lasting and rewarding career.
General Description: Supervises and directs maintenance personnel in the installation, repair, and maintenance of all base building and critical system machinery and equipment. This person is responsible for supervising, scheduling and coordinating the activities of the operating team. They will assume the duties and responsibilities of the Operations Manager, in their absence.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Supervises and directs the maintenance staff and monitors the performance of their assigned responsibilities. Performs and/or directs all maintenance department service requests’, ensuring that the work performed is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption, inconvenience and with adequate clean up. Checks malfunctioning equipment and ascertains corrective action required to restore to satisfactory operating condition and help facilitate root cause analysis.
Provides training and supervision aimed at expanding the capabilities of the operations staff. Specific duties include, but not limited to: Demonstrating the proper use and care of tools and instruments, giving hands on instruction in basic maintenance, safety, and trouble shooting procedures, recommending relevant outside engineering courses for enrollment and instilling an overall level of professionalism in manner and appearance.
Supervises and implements the preventative maintenance program. Specific duties include but are not limited to: scheduling of preventative maintenance with a minimum disruption of building services, performing and/or delegating preventative maintenance tasks to the appropriately qualified maintenance staff member, orders parts and equipment required for repair, maintenance and installation of new equipment and facilities, and maintains inventory.
Directs the performance of contracted maintenance work as needed. Specific tasks include but are not limited to: ensuring the timely performance of maintenance contract work, overseeing the fulfillment of equipment warrantee obligations by the installer and securing equipment manuals and drawings from the installers/contractors.
Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials. Maintains a clean and safe workplace.
Recommends and estimates facilities repairs and improvements for inclusion in the annual budget.
Ensures the availability of an adequate operating inventory of tools and supplies. Specific duties include, but not limited to: Preparing and submitting purchase order requests, developing sources for stock materials and performing periodic checks for supplies.
Annually implement at least one cost savings action relating to energy or utility consumption.
Performs additional duties as requested.
- Education - Minimum of a high school diploma. Two years of trade or vocational schooling or apprenticeship in electrical, piping/plumbing, refrigeration or HVAC.
- Experience - 5+ years of experience in Healthcare facility/plant engineering maintenance.
- Thorough understanding of Joint Commission and other regulatory surveys.
- Special knowledge and skills - Exposure to HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, welding, and electrical systems engineering and operation - multi-skills in a minimum of two craft areas.
- Personal characteristics; good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports and possesses excellent customer service skills.
- Be proficient in basic computer application software such as MS Office, E-Mail etc.
- Have familiarity with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS preferably “360 Facility” ) an understanding of Building Automation System (BMS).
- For internal candidates, must consistently receive a “meets expectations” on their IPMP performance review.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Visually inspect machinery and buildings.
- Ability to frequently walk up and down stairs for inspections and emergency procedure practice or implementation.
- Ability to climb ladders up to 40 feet and lift 60 lbs repeatedly.
- Ability to detect emergency alarms - auditory and/or visual.
- Equipment inspections require getting on hands and knees to reach areas difficult to access.
Jones Lang LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, family responsibility, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran's status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.
Jones Lang LaSalle provides real estate without borders. The company's services include commercial real estate brokerage, management,...