Cerner is the leading U.S. supplier of healthcare information technology solutions that optimize clinical and financial outcomes. Around the world, health organizations ranging from single-doctor practices to entire countries turn to Cerner (NASDAQ: CERN) for our powerful yet intuitive solutions. Cerner offers clients a dedicated focus on healthcare, an end-to-end solution and service portfolio, and proven market leadership.
Cerner’s Population Health organization is a multi-disciplinary business unit focused on enabling clients to better understand, manage and engage populations to deliver a higher quality of care at a lower cost. By developing innovative solutions that work with the data from the Electronic Health Record (EHR), this organization helps build healthier communities, one person at a time. The Population Health business unit focuses on applying the same principles that Cerner, as a whole, has applied successfully with their hospital clients: predictive algorithms, clinical decision support and a “closed loop” health system. This approach ensures that health care facilities are delivering the best care to their patients effectively, efficiently, and rapidly. By aggregating data from multiple sources, hospitals can use this data to identify, score and predict risks, targeting population-wide health improvement campaigns and interventions. By offering a programmable health network to deploy clinical decision support to the patient and caregiver, while also monitoring individual patient conditions and the overall population status, this organization partners with our clients to deliver advanced care and lower costs as they seek to manage the health of populations.
We are seeking someone for the Health Services Researcher position in the Evidence and Evaluation unit within the Population Health Programs group. This group is interacts with the design and implementation teams by obtaining or generating defensible evidence to underpin Cerner’s Content-driven Solutions, to evaluate proposed designs, and to evaluate the outcome alpha installations and solutions. This person will manage the scientific aspects of the Population Health Program, revolving around evidence and evaluation teams.
The responsibilities of the Health Services Researcher position in this group will include:
The majority of duties will entail:
- Design and conduct evaluations at multiple levels in the development process
- Collaborates in assessments of current evidence and proposes approaches to problems of inconsistent or sparse evidence such as systematic reviews, meta-analysis, and expert panels
At Cerner, Researchers provide technical and/or domain expertise support in the development or delivery of Cerner solutions and/or services.
- Providing cognitive guidance to the unit’s programmer analyst and evidence coordinator
- Assessing the need for new investigations of evidence-based medicine and outcomes assessments
- Design evaluations of content driven solutions throughout the design and initial implementation period (this will be used in the design process, and could also be used in marketing)
- Collaborating with internal, client-based and academic researchers on further evaluations and outcomes studies related to content-driven solutions.
- PhD in health services or policy, epidemiology, clinical research, or related field, or MD with further analytic training in the above fields.
- Experience in clinical and/or outcomes research
- Extensive experience in study design and program evaluation
- Ability to interact with complex, multi-disciplinary teams made up of clinicians, strategists, engineers, advisors and clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work overtime and irregular hours when needed
- Ability to travel occasionally (0-10%)
- Must reside in, or be willing to relocate to Kansas City, MO
- Clinical experience at any level
- Previous Health Informatics experience
- Familiarity with commonly-used statistical packages
Cerner Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Cerner - 13 months ago
Health care is too important to stay the same!
We invite you to join us in our quest to make health care become all it should be. Since...