Posting Title |
Agronomy Sales Trainee
TRAINEE SALES - CO
395 E. Broadway
CHS / Southwest Grain has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations retail division. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our Agronomy Sales Trainee program . You will work with Farmers, ranchers, and producers. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
You will gain knowledge and experience, through on-the-job training, of all aspects of agronomy operations, agronomy sales & marketing techniques, agronomy consulting services, and cooperative philosophy needed to promote the sale of products to growers.
Gain knowledge and expertise in:
- Assist Agronomy Production Sales Specialists with crop scouting, soil sampling, and field agronomic problem solving.
- Use integrated pest management techniques to determine treatment thresholds.
- Generate written reports and present them to supervisor and/or customer
- Learn the features and benefits of all agronomy products and services assist with over-the-counter sales, and assist with product delivery to customers.
- Learn to perform warehouse and agronomy plant operations.
- Learn and utilize Agris invoicing and inventory management systems.
- Assist in inventory management procedures.
- Learn crop protection product mixing and operation of application equipment
- Custom Application: Spread Fertilizer and spray crop protection products with a High-wheel sprayer, Floater, Rogator, or Ditch sprayer
- Gain knowledge and experience with Precision Ag
- Work with patrons and assist them in a courteous and professional manner.
- Work in and keep an environment that is compliant with state, local and CHS Environmental and Safety policy.
- High School diploma, Certified Applicator Certificate, 2 or 4 year degree
- The ability to proficiently work with Microsoft Office software.
- Production agriculture experience or understanding.
CHS offers a Competitive Salary. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
- 2 year degree in a Agricultural field preferred.
- Internship in Grain Procurement, Agronomy, Crop Scout, or other Ag related internship.
CHS is a diversified Fortune 100 company providing essential grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers. CHS is a cooperative system owned by farmers, ranchers and their local cooperatives from the Great Lakes to the Pacific Northwest and from the Canadian border to Texas. CHS is an EEO employer.
CHS Inc. - 23 months ago
CHS Inc. is the nation’s leading cooperative, owned by farmers, ranchers and co-ops across the United States. A diversified global...