DATA CENTER HVAC TECHNICIAN
ABM Facility Services has an immediate opening for an
HVAC Technician within a critical Data Center
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Operate, maintain and perform repairs on assigned
building mechanical equipment and controls, chilled
water systems, heat exchangers, variable volume air
systems (VAV), Computer Room Air Conditioning,
refrigeration equipment and various other mechanical,
electrical and building systems in such manner as to
ensure optimal customer relations.
The responsibilities of the HVAC Technician include, but
are not limited to, the following:
manner when dealing with customers.
- Responds in a professional, polite, and helpful
orders and on project related work.
- Completes reactive and preventive maintenance work
chillers, pumps, cooling towers, Boilers, water
- Maintains various equipment such as; HVAC equipment,
heaters, air handlers, CRAC units, fire life safety
systems, switchgear, UPS systems, generators, PDUs,
and SCADA systems.
equipment. Take operational logs twice daily.
- Familiarity of facility and data center type
become familiar with site equipment, manual
- Actively participates in weekly training program to
operational procedures, standard operational
procedures on equipment.
knowledge with other in order to improve reliability
- Works within cross functional team, willing to share
and drive consistency.
troubleshooting of HVAC controls.
- Must be very familiar with operations and
equipment and voltages up to 480 VAC
- Familiar with BACS (Building Automated Controls).
- Strong troubleshooting ability with various
not limited to, painting, furniture moving,
- Performs other tasks as instructed including, but
plumbing, carpentry, and general building
maintenance and assists other trades as necessary.
maintenance work order system (CMMS).
- Completes work orders by utilizing a computerized
- Maintains daily, weekly and/or monthly reports as
supervisor or facility manager.
- Works with and takes direction from the facility
and other emergency practices.
- Learns, understands, and complies with fire, safety,
- Informs the supervisor of any condition deemed to be
and customer policies.
- Learns, understands, and complies with all Company
- Participates in training directed at increasing
- Assists in training of other employees as directed.
- Works according to the schedule prepared by the
calls at non-scheduled hours.
- Works on-call as part of regular rotation.
- Assists in emergencies as needed including emergency
to a clean, neat, orderly, and safe condition.
- Assists and ensures that all work areas are returned
potential to affect customer or employee relations.
- Reports to supervisor any information having the
- High school/GED
- Journeymen Level Commercial HVAC Technician
- 5 years’ experience with commercial HVAC equipment
- At least 2 years Facility Maintenance experience
provide total facility management services and 100%
- Universal Certification (EPA 608)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Must be willing to work on all types of equipment to
up-time/reliability of systems.
written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills with excellent oral and
- Capable of working independently with minimal
- Ability to act as a lead technician.
- General maintenance skills in plumbing, electrical
performed and complete basic reports.
- Ability to keep simple records of activities
KNOWLEDGE, ANALYTICAL/INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- Availability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions
attention to detail, quality and quantity of work
- Ability to be proactive, bring forth ideas,
your own with limited oversight but remain
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as on
performed and complete basic reports.
- Ability to keep accurate records of activities
and other technical documentation.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to read and prepare Blueprints, schematics
other staff, management and the client.
- Ability to maintain good working relations with
- Well organized, hard worker, great attitude, team
in a fast paced environment.
- Strong Analytical experience
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills
Division/Department : Linc Group - ENG
Exemption : Non-Exempt
Shift/Hours : First Shift (Day)
% of Travel Required : 0-20%
ABM Industries - 15 months ago
Many businesses hope to clean up, but diversified facilities services contractor ABM counts on it. The company primarily offers janitorial...