Gulf Power Company
This position has the primary responsibility for developing, contracting and construction oversight of Gulf Power's Energy Services function. Energy services solutions are defined as the investigation, development, engineering, financing, and implementation of projects that may include, but are not limited to the following technologies: lighting, HVAC, boilers, compressed air systems, process heating systems, and energy management systems.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills)
- Large Commercial Mechanical Systems knowledge required; Four year technical degree a plus
- Two years energy services or equivalent experience is preferred
- Experience with HVAC systems, lighting systems and energy management software is desired
- Experience in financial analysis of engineering projects is desired
- Proficiency in persuasive negotiation, consultative selling and application of general business principles
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Must exhibit our "Southern Style" behaviors of unquestionable trust, superior performance and total commitment.
- Must exhibit our “Target Zero” safety behaviors
Must be willing to relocate to Pensacola area. Relocation assistance available.
- Cultivate market sales opportunities for revenue producing services by identifying energy system improvements, new applications and/or retrofits in the commercial and industrial segments.
- Provide project management for customer energy applications including equipment recommendations, installation coordination and arranging financing.
- Provide technical assessment and equipment recommendations for commercial and industrial customers' mechanical systems including: HVAC, process heat, compressed air, indoor air quality, lighting and energy management needs.
- Provide technical support and training as needed for Corporate Market Specialists for mechanical systems, lighting and energy management applications and related analysis software.
- Develop equipment and energy application programs to meet customer's changing requirements.
- Develop strong relationships with those who influence customers' equipment purchase decisions--equipment vendors, engineering consultants and federal and state energy agency personnel.
- Proactively participate on assigned system/company/department project teams.
Subject to Gulf Power tobacco policy: you must be free from all tobacco products (including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chew, dip, snuff, patch and/or gum), at least six months prior to applying for this position .
Gulf Power Company is an investor-owned electric utility with all of its common stock owned by Atlanta-based Southern Company.
With 4.4 million customers and more than 42,000 megawatts of generating capacity, Atlanta-based Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is the premier energy company serving the Southeast. A leading U.S. producer of electricity, Southern Company owns Alabama Power, Georgia Power, Gulf Power, Mississippi Power, Southern Nuclear, Southern Power, SouthernLINC Wireless and Southern Telecom. Southern Company also has a growing competitive generation company. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and retail electric prices below the national average. Southern Company is consistently listed among the top U.S. electric service providers in customer satisfaction by the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI).
Southern Company - 23 months ago