Salary is commensurate with experience.
Company will not provide sponsorship or relocation for positions.
Network & Systems Technician
An established and growing Chicago proprietary trading firm is seeking to add a Network/Systems technician to an existing IT team to assist, maintain and improve the existing infrastructure of a professional trading environment. The candidate will be someone who can troubleshoot problems that might include hardware and software issues, equipment failure and TCP/IP connectivity. Duties may include installation of new software, deployment of new hardware, training of users, troubleshooting networking equipment, wiring, maintaining procedure documents and inventory/asset management. The candidate must have outstanding communication and prioritization skills.
Job Functions :
- Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot PC hardware and software.
- Create and maintain technical/process documentation and proactively share this information to team members.
- Actively seek out and participate in projects to maintain and improve the systems/network environment.
- Create and maintain standard PC images for multiple workstation models.
- Process, monitor and prioritize trouble tickets.
- Troubleshoot basic TCP/IP and multicast issues.
- Assist in managing and maintaining technology inventory.
- Assist with hardware and software purchases.
- Train new employees and staff as directed.
- Perform network backups and restores.
- Install and monitor antivirus software.
- Provide basic support on network hardware.
- Support other key initiatives as the business dictates.
- Proficient in installing and supporting current versions of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Windows Server 2008/Active Directory exposure and experience remotely managing servers and desktops.
- Experience with Linux/Unix (Redhat, Fedora, Ubuntu, HPUX/AIX).
- Manage high-pressure situations professionally, calmly and with urgency.
- Proficient in installing and supporting all Microsoft end user applications; familiar with other common business and productivity software.
- Experience creating and maintaining active directory accounts.
- Ability to work independently and provide progress reports.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Knowledge of network TCP/IP protocol (understand the difference between TCP and UDP).
- Familiar with Multicast.
- Knowledge of security technologies such as SSL, VPN and firewall.
- Experience with Cisco routers/switches a plus.
- Willing to work off hours and/or weekends and be “on call”.
- Capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong interest in the latest technology and trends.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; 1-3 yrs experience in network or system administration.
- Active or near completion of MCSE, CCNA, or similar IT certification a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication; great interpersonal skills.
- Solid work ethic, initiative and great customer service skills.
- Strong analytical skills to troubleshoot technical computer and network problems with own knowledge and through documentation; know when to escalate to next level support.
- Programming experience in VB, VBA, .Net, C# and/or Access huge plus.
- Basic TCP/IP and multicast knowledge.
- Must be able to lift 90lbs.
Click here to apply online
Paul May and Associates - 15 months ago
Paul May & Associates provides the vehicle to locate and hire the talented professionals needed to make immediate contributions in...