: Lead the development, maintenance, and execution of medical publications strategy and plans in the assigned therapeutic area(s) and manage relationships with both internal and external groups. The SMMC is expected to:
- possess an in-depth knowledge of assigned therapeutic area(s), clinical trial data, the literature and associated therapeutic conditions
- provide leadership to cross-functional publication strategy and core teams on the development of medical publications strategy and plans
- ensure execution of publication plans is consistent with department objectives and brand strategy
- input into key medical/scientific communications concepts and terminology development
- be accountable for the timely delivery of high quality, message-focused medical communications to target audiences
- establish and leverage relationships with opinion leaders, investigators, journal editors, and congress secretariats to drive high quality medical communications activities
- develop and maintain general or special issues publication advisory boards for assigned therapeutic areas, including recruitment of advisors, meeting planning and execution, content development, and documentation of action items
- forecast and secure resources (financial and personnel) – with business case preparation as required and provide oversight to and to deliver the publication plans within budget
- effectively and appropriately select/manage medical communications agencies/contract freelancers
- brief and provide feedback to medical communications agencies/contract freelancers following review of medical communications from external sources
- effectively integrate medical communications agencies/contract freelancers as part of the extended team for medical communications activities
- review protocol proposals for independent clinical studies and participate/provide feedback to internal protocol review teams
- acquire and maintain thorough understanding of industry and publications standards with respect to quality, authorship and appropriateness of medical/scientific communications.
- ensure that medical/scientific communication activites are within compliance
- Advanced scientific degree (MD, Ph.D., PharmD), relevant industry or agency experience is preferred. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree is acceptable with extensive relevant experience
- Experience within relevant therapeutic areas is preferred
- Able to critically analyze data, literature and medical communications
- Able to acquire relevant information from a variety of sources eg literature searches and be able to maintain accurate records of literature sources
- An established track record of effective high quality medical communications outputs eg manuscripts, poster presentations, slide presentations
- Excellent writing, reviewing and editing skills with a track record of attention to detail
- 5-10 years prior experience working within the pharmaceutical industry or related fields or jobs with a relevant medical/scientific focus.
Teva Pharmaceuticals - 18 months ago
When the pharmacist asks you if a generic equivalent is acceptable, Teva hopes you'll say "yes." Teva Pharmaceuticals USA,...