Legal Department of a Fortune 200 company has an opening in Norwalk, Connecticut for a Litigation Paralegal. The position entails provision of a broad range of litigation support services for general civil and commercial litigation, including interviewing witnesses, conducting fact investigations, coordinating and managing all stages of
discovery, working with outside counsel and tracking matters on our internal litigation database.
A qualified applicant will have:
- substantial experience in handling a broad range of litigation matters and working with the rules of evidence and other regulations and standards related to discovery
- proven ability to work independently and successfully set up, handle and manage a caseload and/or multiple assignments
- excellent writing and communication skills
- demonstrated experience in handling all stages of large volume electronic discovery projects, including, use of electronic discovery software for gathering, indexing, and reviewing electronic documents
- high level of understanding of the federal rules of civil procedure, discovery and records retention rules
- proven ability to handle responses to discovery requests on a timely basis
- a commitment to excellence and quality of work
- extensive experience in conducting internal investigations, interviewing witnesses and drafting witness statements
- ability to coordinate and work with internal clients (at all levels in the organization), outside counsel, and vendors (including those associated with electronic discovery) and others associated with litigation matters
- a positive attitude and genuine desire to be a team player willing to assist with other assignments, projects, cases and matters within the Litigation Group.
Education: Paralegal Certificate or Equivalent College Degree
Experience: Minimum of 5 to 8 years of relevant experience in litigation
Xerox - 19 months ago
Why build your career at Xerox?
Because every day you’ll work alongside people who are as passionate about new ideas, customer...