Shure’s User Experience Design group is looking for a talented and experienced designer to create intuitive, effective, and engaging software applications that will bring exciting features and powerful functionality to new and existing Shure products. You should have strong visual systems thinking, graphic element and layout creation skills, UX concepting and wireframing capabilities. This position will work closely with the User Experience Design Manager, other designers, internal stakeholders and end-users to define requirements, design solutions and implement the final product.
Representative Duties :
· Work on projects from their inception to launch – performing tasks such as design language conception and graphic production, interface specification.
· Work independently and in collaboration with UX management and designers to rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes for internal use, usability testing and customer review.
· Collaborate with product managers on product requirements and focus on the user experience, ease-of-use, performance and efficiency of the associated software applications.
· Work with Engineering to ensure the technical feasibility of designs and guide the interface through the development process.
· Meet with end users to assess and document user needs and use-cases
· Leverage rapid prototyping and customer interaction to make informed design decisions
· Draft detailed functional requirements for product development teams including graphical renderings of the design intent
· Create layouts and graphics for complex and diverse end solutions – firm grasp of a variety of operating systems ( including mobile, desktop) and scalability ( svg graphics, responsive design).
· Review user documentation for accuracy regarding product features, proper usage and expected performance.
· Experience - 3+ yrs as a UI/UX designer - Desktop and/or Mobile is preferred
· Passion - love of usability and effective, attractive and simple User Interfaces
· Visual – exceptional graphic design skills and sensibilities
· Thorough – uncanny attention to detail and skilled in graphic production and processes
· Teamwork - excel in a team atmosphere member of a fast-moving multi-disciplinary group
· Proactive - identify issues and risks along with potential solutions
· Flexible - think on your feet and change course quickly
· Tools – skilled with tools such as CS6, Fireworks, AfterEffects, Keynote, Axure, Omnigraffle.
· Approach – present a user-centered design perspective and use of common methodologies
· Skills - excellent critical listening, analytic, writing and presenting skills
· Industry knowledge - experience with products for audio or video professionals is preferred
· Ability to travel up to 25%
· Bachelor’s degree and portfolio of work samples is required
Shure - 2 years ago