Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP), located in Boston, is currently seeking an experienced, highly skilled Senior Community Outreach Coordinator . Reporting to the Manager of the Community Outreach Department, the Coordinator is responsible for promoting membership growth and retention and developing and maintaining relationships with key Community Based Organizations (CBO) and other entities. Responsible for increasing awareness about NHP’s Complete Care Program in the assigned territory and to achieve or exceed meeting membership goals.
- Creates, maintains, and proposes a target list of different CBOs that is critical for the Outreach activities of the department
- Promotes enrollment through efforts with CBO
- Participates in activities to promote community awareness of NHP-Complete Care program through community outreach, marketing, and educational material
- Conducts educational events, presentations and meetings at CBOs or other sites
- Develops existing and grows new marketing partnerships with key community organizations
- Maintains database of events and events profile
- Anticipates and meets or exceeds internal and/or external customer expectations and requirements; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Bachelor’s Degree (or the equivalent combination of training and experience)
- 6 years of related experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in health care customer service center or community relations, outreach experience such as marketing and community events
- Knowledge about Medicare and Mass Health
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate successfully to individuals as well as groups
- Ability to make presentations to small and large group
- Strong organization skills
- Proven relation building skills and ability to both lead and participate in work
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, primarily Word and Excel
- Comfortable collecting and reporting on data driven metrics
- Must possess a valid state Driver’s license
- Must have available and reliable transportation all the time with appropriate auto insurance coverage
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
- Managed Care experience preferred
- Bi-lingual capabilities strongly preferred
NHP offers competitive salaries and an excellent flexible benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, generous earned time, commuter benefit, and a 401(k) employer contributed retirement program.
NHP’s mission targets a diverse population and our employees are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, NHP recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.
Working Together for the Health of Our Members
Our Members, Our Promise
Neighborhood Health Plan is unique among Massachusetts health...