[AGENCY DISCLAIMER: Notice to Staffing Agencies, Placement Services, and Professional Recruiters can be found on cargill.com/careers]
Sr. Data Conversion Analyst
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities.
Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values.
Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 142,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and
people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
Tartan is a disciplined approach to how we work. The Tartan team is charged with designing and implementing an important, multi-year effort to improve Cargill's key business processes. The team will create the approaches, tools and technology that support those processes in order to achieve our aspirations. Tartan will drive Cargill's growth agenda and improve the connectivity of our teams.
As a part of this team, you will be on the ground floor of designing how Cargill will work in the future. Increase your understanding of Cargill and your knowledge of our varied businesses. This is an opportunity to be a part of a global team with a broad impact on the organization. You will work directly with our business units and functions to make this successful company even stronger, more focused on the customer and more profitable.
Sr. Data Conversion Analyst
will leverage their data and process knowledge to play a key role in deploying the Tartan solution to Cargill BUs and functions by converting legacy data to Tartan. This position will design and test extracts, transformations, load programs, construction pages, and reports; and may also do some development or execution of conversions.
- The individual in this role will report to a Data Conversion Process Area Manager
70% - Data Conversion Design & Development
25% - Investigate and Resolve Conversion Issues
- Design and/or develop data conversion components (extracts, transformations, load programs, construction pages, and reports) for medium to high complexity data objects
- Perform testing of conversion components
5% - Miscellaneous Duties as Assigned
- Lead the activities of documenting, monitoring and resolving conversion related issues with data owners and build team members
- Actively work with the build team members to answer design and/or mapping questions
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of relevant business experience
- Experience with one of the following:
- Data Conversion
- One of the major business process areas
- A passion for working with data
- Demonstrated ability to document business requirements
- Detail and analytical orientation
- Problem solving skills
- Demonstrated strong process improvement and quality adherence skills
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in ambiguous environments
- Strong collaboration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated facilitation skills
- Business fluency in English
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
- Prior experience as a Business Analyst, Software developer or technical analyst
- Experience working on a global team
- Experience working across Cargill BU's
- Experience with multiple existing Cargill legacy systems
- ETL tools, SQL, Excel, Word
US-MN-TAR - Hopkins
Cargill - 17 months ago
Cargill is a unique place you can grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading...