The role of the Medical Assistant (MA) is to provide extraordinary care to patients and customers through friendly, caring, courteous, and professional services and to ensure that our patients feel welcome and comfortable in our clinics and health centers. The MA is responsible to provide a variety of patient care tasks including: preparation of patients to be seen by physicians, performance of diagnostic tests, and appropriate documentation. MA’s have the opportunity to work every day with a variety of patients and provide exceptional care in a friendly clinic environment. The clinic environment is a fast-paced, smaller environment that allows the development of close working relationships with physicians and clinical staff as well as returning patients. Every team member is vital to the clinic’s success.
Entry Rate: $11.87
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Shift Details: Will work 3-4 days per week. Some Mondays, plus Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. Hours are from 8:30-5:30 but can vary depending on the day.
Department: Utah Valley ENT - North Valley
Additional Details: This position is located in American Fork
- This position requires verifiable current Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR Certification. An original card must be verified prior to start date or the job offer will be withdrawn. For additional information regarding CPR requirements, please visit our Job Requirements page .
- Successful completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program or one with which Intermountain Healthcare has a valid affiliation agreement. Intermountain Healthcare verifies both degree attainment and educational institution accreditation following an offer of employment.
- Demonstrated computer skills with data entry software
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively on the phone, in writing and via email
- If doing Point of Care Testing: Must have a High School diploma or GED in compliance with CLIA regul ations
- Carrying, Hearing / Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Sitting, Speaking, Squatting / Kneeling, Standing and Walking
- One or more years experience in an outpatient clinic or other healthcare setting
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant internship
- One or more years of Medical Assisting work experience
- One or more years experience using electronic medical records (EMR)
- One or more years work experience with Intermountain Healthcare's Help2 and Centricity Business (IDX) software
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
After applying, please check your email often. Some positions require assessment testing and notification will be sent to you through email. Once the email notification is sent, you will have 24 hours to complete the assessment. If the assessment is not completed within the allotted time frame, your application may not be considered further.
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...