This position can be located in our San Francisco CA, Rancho Cordova CA, Alpharetta GA, or Mechanicsburg location
Position will be responsible for developing and implementing overall strategy , sales and marketing initiatives to reach the individual consumer including market research, targeting/segmentation, brand positioning, product, pricing, distribution channels and marketing.
Position is responsible for enhancing the differentiation of products and offerings through both direct-to-consumer and partner initiatives including public and private Exchanges and Co-ops.
Position is responsible for developing relationships with Exchanges and Co-ops and achieving success in getting our products placed on the Exchanges and Co-ops.
Position is responsible for development and execution of all marketing programs including advertising and direct marketing.
Position also manages internal coordination of all operational aspects of the program (Sales and Service Center, Enrollment & Billing, Claims, U&A, Legal/Regulatory/Compliance, IT).
This position will have sales goals, 3 direct reports, and reports to the Vice President of Marketing.
Working in partnership with cross-functional teams (such as Market Research, Product, Sales, Actuarial/Underwriting, Legal, Operations, IT), build understanding of market, competitors and customer needs to develop marketing plan and implement initiatives including product or service offerings to achieve aggressive sales goals.
Define market demand, identify attractive market segments to target and strategies to meet their needs.
Analyze market and competition.
- Working in partnership with cross-functional teams (such as Market Research, Product, Sales, Actuarial/Underwriting, Legal, Operations, IT), build understanding of market, competitors and customer needs to develop marketing plan and implement initiatives including product or service offerings to achieve aggressive sales goals.
- Provide strategic leadership in identifying new business opportunities and developing tactics for growth, such as new products, messaging, media and distribution channels.
- Develop relationships with Exchanges and Co-ops and achieve success in getting our products placed on the Exchanges and Co-ops (public and private)
- Develop and manage producer experience strategy
- Perform contract and operational negotiations with Exchanges and Co-ops and their vendors.
- Partner with Government/Public Affairs, Legal and Product on advocacy matters.
- Achieve sales and retention goals
- Develop and manage operating plan and budget.
- Oversee third party relationships including contract negotiations and performance tracking.
- Oversee the following activities:
Respond to solicitations and RFPs from exchange vendors (how we will get into the Exchanges and Co-ops), gaining agreement with internal business units on each proposal.
Resolve pre- and post-implementation issues between Exchanges and Co-ops, vendors and internal operations, IT, etc. (similar to an account management/business segment function).
Analyze business processes to ensure exchange integration and customer needs are clearly outlined.
Work with Product and other functions to develop and implement appropriate products
Work with Product and Implementation to coordinate all operational aspects of the program (Sales and Service Center, Enrollment & Billing, Claims, U&A, Regulatory/Compliance, IT).
Plan renewal and rate submissions, updating of marketing material (groups and enrollee applications, EOCs, contracts) and collateral. Train Brokers and Assisters and manage all of the contracts with the Exchanges and Co-ops and various vendors.
Develop and implement multiple advertising and direct marketing campaigns, including search, online, email, print, direct mail, and promotions
Develop and execute strategies to retain customers
Track and analyze marketing response and sales activity, which serves as the basis for data-driven marketing to individuals
- BA/BS and 10+ years of related experience required.
- MA/MS/MBA preferred.
- Direct to consumer marketing experience and sales experience
- Insurance and/or healthcare experience preferred.
- Prior leadership/management experience.
- Must have direct to consumer marketing experience and sales experience
- Experience in health care industry preferred.
- Knowledge about issues in managed health care and healthcare reform.
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership skills to develop and lead cross-functional teams to achieve results required.
- Broad strategic understanding and superior analytical skills required.
- Strong initiative, creativity and innovation required.
- Demonstrated organizational planning.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Experience with start-up of product or business line initiatives.
- Ability to work in a highly-matrixed organization and lead others who are not direct reports.
- Superior ability to propose and influence across multiple disciplines.
- PC literacy required; MSOffice skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Regularly required to work standard office equipment (personal computer, photocopy machine, fax machine, etc.)
- Ability to work on a computer up to 7 hours a day
- Regularly required to operate computer and other office equipment
- Effective writing skills to author/edit reports, business correspondence, marketing materials, and member materials.
- Ability to clearly present written information and findings in reports and presentations.
- Effective verbal communication skills to present information and respond to questions from vendors, clients, and senior staff.
- Ability to communicate concepts.
Ability to make executive-level presentations.
- Ability to interact well with co-workers of various levels in the organization and outside contacts.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality to be aware of issues at corporate and divisional level and customer privacy.
As an eligible candidate for a position at Delta Dental, you must possess the following:
- Ability to appear for work on time
- Ability to appear at a physical location
- Ability to perform job duties for a specific duration of time
- Ability to follow directions from a supervisor
- Ability to interact well with co-workers
- Ability to understand and follow work rules and procedures
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
- Ability to maintain regular/consistent attendance and adhere to scheduled shifts
- Ability to maintain regular/consistent attendance and a full-time schedule
- Ability to maintain current status on projects
- Ability to stay current on training/issues in field
How To Apply
Click "Apply Now"
Amount of Travel
Work At Home
Delta Dental - 2 years ago
Delta Dental of California doesn't just help keep the mouths of movie stars clean. The not-for-profit company is a member of the Delta...