Job ID: IT04795
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst, Data Management
Organization: IT & Facilities
Informatica is the world’s number one independent leader in data integration software. Thousands of companies rely on the Informatica Platform to lower IT costs and gain greater business value from all their information assets both on-premise in traditional IT computing systems and in the Internet Cloud.
At Informatica, our IT team partners with the business to define, design and deliver technology solutions that address current challenges and future needs of the enterprise. We strive to be a leading edge IT organization with innovative and dedicated people who focus on customer satisfaction, execution and delivery of first class services.
In this newly created, highly visible role as a Data Management Business Analyst, you will report to the Sr. Director of IT and work with the Data Architect and key business stakeholders to tackle the company’s key data challenges. You will partner with executives, industry thought leaders, product managers, key business stakeholders and IT team members to ensure the successful execution of the company’s internal data management strategies. In turn, you will have the opportunity to work with a leading-edge IT organization with top quality people focused on customer satisfaction, execution and delivery.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are creative, dynamic, energetic, and have a broad background in IT infrastructure. You have strong critical thinking skills, including system and business analysis, problem analysis and resolution. You consider yourself to be extremely well organized and thorough and possess exceptional written and verbal communication as well as presentation skills. There is no doubt you are able to communicate effectively on both technical and business issues, regardless of the audience and you are eager to demonstrate your well-honed negotiation and influencing skills. You are always customer focused and maintain professional, cooperative working relationships with all constituents.
In this position, you will work with the Sr. Director of IT, Data Architect and key business stakeholders to identify, prioritize, investigate and solve key data challenges across the enterprise. In addition, you will:
- Collaborate closely on cross-functional efforts in the investigation and resolution of data challenges
- Facilitate requirements gathering workshops including the documentation, analysis and prioritization of detailed business requirements based on users and business needs
- Document processes, and translate high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements for the IT development teams
- Recommend and implement solutions providing value added, integrated solutions to address the current and future business needs
- Assist with the facilitation of the corporate Data Governance Program including
- Work with team members to prioritize, track and report the status of open issues and priorities
- Assist with preparation and facilitation of Data Owner and Executive Data Council meetings
- Serve as resident expert and key evangelist of the Informatica Business Process Framework
- Provide project management support/leadership for Data Management initiatives following the Informatica IT Project Management methodology
- Participate in solution evaluations
- Work with business users to develop use cases for testing of new functionality
- Lead system testing efforts, ensuring that issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
Informatica offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, flexible time off, medical, employee stock purchase (ESP) programs, and more. Our generous benefits vary depending on your geographic work location. It’s an exciting time to work at Informatica, you can learn more about our company, and our products and services at www.informatica.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
- A minimum of 8 years experience as an IT Business Analyst, preferably supporting Customer Support or Service functions
- Ability to quickly learn and understand business processes
- Proven ability to gather requirements from diverse sources including technical and business partners
- Experience in requirements gathering, definition , business planning, data analysis, process analysis, business and functional requirements analysis, system design, testing , implementation and change management
- Strong technical, problem resolution and analytical skills; able to multi task and prioritize effectively
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated Business Analyst experience working with a broad range of applications and functional areas including master data management solutions within a data governance environment
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology industry trends, directions, and market experience; ability to relate them to your own organization
- Knowledge of tools, techniques, and good practices for protecting the integrity of corporate data and associated processing, company technology practices, standards, and procedures
- Knowledge of emerging technologies
- Demonstrated project management experience; PMP certification a plus
- Solid business acumen; ability to understand and anticipate business needs in order to provide appropriate technical solutions.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate effectively on both technical and business issues regardless of the audience
- Strong presentation, facilitation, negotiation and influencing skills
- Comfort working with all levels of the organization including executive management
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to understand database concepts and SQL
- Strong Visio diagramming skills
- Experience working with Master Data Management and Data Quality solutions; Informatica experience a plus
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related technical discipline
Department: 800002 US MIS Applications
Region: North America
Country: United States of America
City: Redwood City
Interest Category: Information Technology
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Informatica Corporation - 2 years ago
Informatica Corporation is the world's number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world rely on...