We're seeking a qualified Network Administrator for a premium contract opportunity with a hugely popular retail corporation. This Networking / Switch / Router position will focus on setup / configuration, and troubleshooting experience for Cisco routers and switches. Candidates need experience working with networking tools for said equipment in an enterprise environment. A CCNA certification is preferred but not required.
Responsible for the installation, modification, testing and servicing on data communications network equipment. Provides connectivity and network support to all network, services, company, and customers. Performs analysis of software, hardware, and network systems for processors, multiplexes, LAN/WAN communications and various transmission systems. Responds to assignments involving the installation, repair, and maintenance of network equipment. Conducts analyses and prepares reports on design and evaluation of current and future network development.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Two years' experience installing and maintaining networks, network system administration, NOS, Desktop Applications, Desktop Operating systems, and customer support required
- Must possess A+ certification and multiple Tier I products
- Works with other networking personnel to design and implement total network systems solutions.
- Provides support for complex multi-system installations.
- Solves network software and hardware problems using testing tools and techniques.
- Reviews integrated systems design proposals for technical content. Identifies, analyzes, and evaluates alternative design solutions.
- Provides technical network integration support encompassing physical planning, configuration, and installation of network hardware and software.
- Performs necessary repairs on system that may include replacement of boards, changing servers, loading and testing software applications, and restoring customer network operating systems.
- Ensures design proposals meet customer needs. Monitors implementations for technical correctness for the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Develops customer support plans for complex networking systems.
- Assumes principal technical role in presentations by furnishing technical expertise and responding to customer inquiries on hardware and software.
- Develops information technology architecture and total systems solutions. Designs quality control procedures to ensure the deliverables meet established design and performance goals.
Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard computing...