Org Marketing Statement
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics. We create and make keystone components that enable high-technology systems for consumer electronics, mobile emissions control, telecommunications and life sciences. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, over 150 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Our products include glass substrates for LCD flat panel televisions, computer monitors and laptops; ceramic substrates and filters for mobile emission control systems; optical fiber, cable, hardware & equipment for telephone and internet communication networks; optical biosensors for drug discovery; and other advanced optics and specialty glass solutions for a number of industries including semiconductor, aerospace, defense, astronomy and metrology.
To know more about Corning, please visit us at www.corning.com
Department Marketing Statement
Corning's Specialty Materials is a leader in providing high performance materials and process capabilities of strategic necessity for targeted customers and the markets they serve -- semiconductors, lighting products and industrial materials.
Corning is a leading supplier of technologically advanced materials and customer-driven solutions for the ophthalmic industry and selected optics markets. Leveraging our revolutionary invention of glass photochromic eyeglass lens materials in the 1960s, we have expanded our product offering to include one of the world’s most technologically advanced plastic photochromic lenses.
Corning Semiconductor Optics is a leading world-class supplier of optical materials, high performance precision optics, optical-based metrology instruments and technical microlithography solutions for the semiconductor industry. Our core technical expertise lies in fused silica and fluoride crystals, materials and processing, optical-based metrology instrumentation, and high performance optics through Corning Tropel.
To know more about Corning's Specialty Materials Division, please visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/other_products/specialty_materials.aspx
Scope of Position
- Intern assignment with an opportunity to engage in a number of Gorilla® Glass commercial operations' projects in direct support of the business with focus on aspects of providing timely, accurate, and relevant market and customer intelligence to inform and enhance the business’ strategic, financial, and operational plans.
Job Title: INTERN - Market and Customer Analyst
- Conduct research to answer critical questions and address key issues for the global damage resistant glass business in order to support growth initiatives and long-term success
- Define strategic issues
- Define plan for generating required data
- Consider recommendation alternatives
- Select response and define action steps
- Utilize advanced analytic tools, process rigor and appropriate cross functional participation to confirm quality, depth and consistency of analysis
- Rely on financial analysis, market and competitive intelligence, statistical analysis and technical understanding to make recommendations
- Communicate recommendations, alternatives and critical data to all levels, functions and regions of the organization
- Work closely with global senior division managers and functional leader
Reference Number: 165803
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business with excellent performance
- Graduating with an MBA degree from a top MBA school with an emphasis in strategy, marketing, finance or operations
- Experience in strategy, marketing, finance, operations or business development
- Industry experience in Business-to-Business technology or consumer electronics markets
- Demonstrated ability to develop clear business strategies
- Strong analytical skills and affinity for process rigor
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- Ability to create alignment and action plans to support strategies
- Proven ability to work within a cross functional organization
- English fluency a must, Japanese or Mandarin a plus
Corning - 4 years ago
Corning Incorporated is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics. Drawing on more than 160 years of materials science and process...