Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international energy company engaged in exploration and production, oil sands mining and integrated gas. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has a strong portfolio of assets delivering defined growth leveraged to crude oil production with exploration upside. At the end of 2011, Marathon Oil had net proved reserves of more than 1.8 billion barrels. The Company’s operations are located in the United States, Angola, Canada, Equatorial Guinea, Indonesia, Iraqi Kurdistan Region, Libya, Norway, Poland and the United Kingdom.
We are currently seeking a Field Operator in New Town, North Dakota to efficiently maximize production from assigned wells, maintain surface separation and flow assurance equipment, and report/review production data in a safe, clean, and environmentally responsible manner.
- Ensure that all TOW and SCADA data are correct on a daily basis. Advise Production Supervisor and I&E Technician of any problems by phone, e-mail, and in writing at the earliest opportunity.
- Check for any safety or environmental related issues on location and similarly report as above.
- Check all pumping wells to insure they are pumping correctly; check daily gauges to verify loss or gain of pumped fluids. Check POC for run time changes and calibration on location. Keep mechanical integrity for operations smooth, and maintain as necessary or report for larger changes requiring specialty equipment.
- Check pressure on tbg, csg, and surface csg for all wells but especially for injection wells daily.
- Ensure that all wells are producing at maximum rates. If noticeable changes or suggested changes are required work with Production Engineer and Supervision regularly.
- Periodically compare gauge line readings to ROC data on SCADA wells
- Check injection stations, chemical pumps, and mechanical equipment for proper lubrication, leaks, unusual sounds. Report problems to supervisor.
- Compare ROC gas data to purchasers data on SCADA wells.
- Check all pumps (pneumatic or mechanical) to see if they are in proper working order or repair if needed.
- Check to ensure that all chemical pumps and rates are in working order and pumping the required chemical amount. Communicate any problems to chemical rep.
- Check pumping units for maintenance as required.
- Help trouble shoot, take fluid shots, make applicable changes, and work closely with all staff personnel involved in field issues.
- Ensure all pilots and burners are lit, if needed and functioning properly (good and clean flame), repair if needed
- Ensure all important items are communicated to your relief in written form, but do not leave projects you could complete yourself for your relief to do.
- Ensure all housekeeping issues are taken care of immediately. Take care of equipment and vehicle cleanliness and maintenance as required.
- Input daily production and data into laptop, or PC provided to relay through main frame system.
- Check all locks and seals periodically
- Complete TIER 1 audits in a timely manner
- Execute work in a safe professional manner and realize you represent an outstanding company striving for perfect safety. Knowingly represent Marathon in a prudent, safe, and clean manner.
To qualify, you must be self motivated with excellent mechanical abilities and troubleshooting skills. Field Operator (Pumper) experience or general oilfield exposure is highly preferred but not required.
Must be able to drive, work in extreme weather conditions and lift.
Apply for this job:
- Apply for this job online
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
- Email this opportunity to a friend
Marathon Oil - 23 months ago
Based in Houston, Texas, Marathon Oil is an independent exploration and production (E&P) with activity in North America, Europe and...