For decades, CH2M HILL has been a global leader in engineering, consulting, design, program management, construction and operations, working on the most challenging and impactful projects around the world. Through these challenging projects, we develop our people — who transform complex and creative ideas into reality, every day. Join us and together we can work to build a sustainable world. We support you to reach your greatest career goals through continued professional development, a positive work life balance and undeniably cool engineering projects. Join employee-owned CH2M HILL and discover why our diverse team has been consistently ranked as one of the leading employers and repeatedly recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For".
CH2M HILL Oil & Gas
Whether it is petrochemicals for plastics or fuel for a tractor on the farm – the bottom line is the world needs oil. It is the one resource that has countless uses for the things people rely on each day. From crude oil and natural gas to new and renewable resources, your job in our Oil & Gas Group is an important role as we provide innovative consulting, engineering, procurement, construction, and operations solutions to the world's oil and gas companies. It is your opportunity to discover the most challenging projects, develop as a professional, and drive your own success. Are you ready?
Description and Desired Qualifications
CH2M HILL Senior Materials Control Coordinator Careers - Prudhoe Bay, Alaska
The challenge? Helping ensure the supply of our world's oil and gas. At CH2M HILL, we deliver solutions that span the entire breadth of the oil industry. Our Senior Materials Control Coordinator job will provide you with the opportunity to work on exciting, large scale oil and gas projects on the North Slope of Alaska on a rotational basis. Each day you will be an important team member responsible for effectively and proactively implementing techniques to ensure equipment and materials are appropriately controlled at a project site. You should be a self motivated, detail oriented professional with 7 years experience in materials management, experience with material control on complex projects and experience working on the North Slope.
Our Senior Materials Control Coordinators :
Additional Information: The position is located on the North Slope and requires a rotational work schedule (2 weeks on and 2 weeks off) . Relocation assistance to Alaska is not provided, however transportation between Anchorage and Prudhoe Bay is provided. CH2M HILL will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc) to fill this position.
- Maintain control of equipment and materials and/or warehousing at a project site and ensure correct utilization of the material management system.
- Review requirements of projects for equipment, tools, parts and consumables.
- Read Engineered Drawings, Manufactures Material Books and Drawings, properly orders parts and equipment.
- Support assigned contracts for the supply of either spare or repair parts. Provide technical assistance to the customer to insure acquisition of proper equipment, tools and parts. Supplies any technical information necessary for the operation or maintenance to the job site.
- Gather historical and/or financial information as necessary to prepare proposals for any other studies required in the overall operation of equipment, tools and parts.
- Ensure materials and equipment received, stored, maintained, allocated and issued are in compliance with purchase order requirements. Ensure timely resolution of material variances / OSD's.
- Resolve material problems in a timely manner to avoid construction schedule delays and cost impact. Resolves defective material issues, shipment discrepancies and non-conformance with buyers and suppliers.
- Consult with Flied Superintendent to clarify requirements pertaining to equipment, approval and final data requirements and inspection requirements.
- Develop and issue complex RFQ packages, plus obtain bids and proposals from suppliers. Analyze bid quotations for responsiveness to RFQs, evaluating factors such as commercial terms and conditions, price, delivery, financial status, quality control and geographical location of shipping point.
- Maintain comprehensive and auditable purchase order files, primarily in a standard and hard copy format.
- Work closely with onsite scheduling, procurement, expediting and field engineering departments.
- Train and mentor less experienced personnel.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon:
• Demonstrated ability to perform the physical requirements of this position via the successful completion of a Fitness for Duty Evaluation;
• Negative results in a drug test
• Attainment of a North Slope Training Certification (NSTC) via completion of modules
CH2M HILL will schedule and cover program costs for Fitness for Duty Evaluations, drug tests, and NSTC training for job candidates. Candidates will not be compensated for their personal time spent completing these programs or for costs of previously attending the NSTC training, drug test or FFD evaluation.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in materials management, material control, warehouse inventory control, or equivalent positions, including field material control.
- Experienced with material control or warehousing on complex projects.
- Valid driver's license including ability to be insured by CH2M Hill's auto insurer required. (*All applicants must provide an acceptable five year DMV record at the time of application)
- Familiarity with both imported and domestic materials and equipment including:
- Heavy Duty: Caterpillar, Cummins, Detroit, Kenworth, Peterbilt, Link Belt, Manitowac and Grove
- Light Duty: Ingersol Rand, Joy, Gardner Denver, Whacker, Sullair, Maxi Heat, Allmond Brother as well as light duty trucks Ford and Chevrolet
- Facility: Facility control panels, Valves, Piping, Structural Materials, Etc.
- Familiarity with specification standards ASTM, ASME, NACE, NFPA, MSS, API and NEC
- Previous experience overseeing junior project personnel.
- Degree in Business, Law, Engineering or other applicable field preferred.
- Experience in oilfield piping, valves, electrical and instrumentation
- Project construction site experience desired.
- Preferred experience in oilfield and processing facilities.
- Experience in remote Arctic working conditions.
- SAP operating system experience
High School or GED
Valid driver's license
Preferred Years of Experience
What you will find
At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M HILL. Ready? Let's get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M HILL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CH2M HILL - 9 months ago
Since its founding in 1946, CH2M HILL has been building a better and more sustainable planet—delivering challenging projects that...