New Hope Services Inc. is a not for profit organization which has been serving the developmental needs of adults, children and families primarily in Clark, Scott, and Jefferson counties for 50 years! New Hope Services, Inc. offers a wide array of human services that provide opportunities for individual and family enhancement. We have several other programs that cater to the community and its needs as well.
1. Provision of structured, goal-oriented, time limited therapy in a natural environment of families who need assistance recovering from physical, sexual, emotional abuse and neglect. Other issues, including substance abuse, mental illness, and personality/behavior disorder, developmental disability, dysfunctional family origin
2. Knowledge of family or origin/intergenerational issues, child abuse and neglect, child and adult development, motivational interviewing
3. Skillful with the use of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and evidence bases strategies
4. Services will be provided face-to-face for the amount of time needed for each individual or family
5. Services will be provided at times convenient for or necessary to meet the familys needs, not according to a specified work week schedule
6. Services will be provided in the families home or in the community environment when assisting with a learning task
7. Services will be based on objectives derived from the DCS case plan, informal adjustment and recommendations from the Family Team Meeting.
8. Maintain confidentiality regarding all client, personnel, and financial matters of the corporation. Failure to maintain confidentiality may result in immediate termination of the service agreement
9. Case loads not to exceed 12 families for full time position or 6 families for part time position
10. This position will float between Clark and Scott Counties.
1. Master’s degree, Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) approved, in social work, psychology, marriage and family therapy or related human service field is required
2. Three years related clinical experience or master’s degree with a clinical license issued by the Indiana Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist of Mental Health Counselor Board. As one of the following: 1) Clinical Social Worker 2) Marriage and Family Therapist 3) Mental Health Counselor
3. Must possess a valid state driver’s license, proof of insurance coverage per company policy, and have a vehicle that is reliable for transportation of consumers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Requirements (All)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to frequently function in a stationary, sedentary position and is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and distance vision.
- Must be able to function in various environmental settings.
- Masters Degree in Social Work
- Year above secondary education/2 years experience in field
City of Louisville, KY - 20 months ago