The Enterprise Application Architect, reporting to the Director of Enterprise Architecture, will lead and coordinate enterprise-wide, cross functional Application Architecture efforts in order to
• Develop an enterprise application architecture framework and implementation strategy,
• Establish enterprise application architecture solution standards and reference models,
• Define application architecture reference models, and maintain application architecture designs artifacts,
• Administer a standard-based application architecture solution procedure.
• Coordinate and communicate application architecture design and implementation best practices.
The Enterprise Application Architect will drive the development of an enterprise application architecture that is stable, secured, and optimized to provide high performance and enabling capability. Key responsibilities include:
Application Architecture Leadership
• Educate, advise and influence IT and business stakeholders to better understand existing application architecture risks, IT best practices, and architecture change requirements to support business and IT strategies.
• Work with Business Transformation (BT) organization to understand business vision, strategies, and operational processes and procedures.
• Collaborate with Global Application Development (GAD) and Global Application Operations (GAO) organizations to develop application architecture vision, migration strategies, and define enterprise application framework and standards to best support business vision, strategies, and operations.
• Provide inputs and assistance to, and collaborate with other architects as well as Global Infrastructure Services (GIS) to develop technical architecture vision, strategies, and define infrastructure reference architecture models and standards to best support the enterprise application architecture vision, strategies, and operations.
Architecture Development Processes
• Review and assess application solutions for specific challenges or risks, and guide business enabling IT investment.
• Document existing application architecture environment to establish enterprise architecture baselines.
• Analyze existing IT environment to identify opportunities, challenges, and migration roadmaps.
• Define and implement application architecture framework and standards.
• Implement and mature application architectural practices to define and/or maintain application architecture models, tools, and architecture design and solution artifacts.
• Develop and present business cases and application architecture migration plans to management with priority recommendations to maintain and evolve this architecture.
• Lead cross-functional application architecture teams, acting also as chief application architect to provide S/W and application advice, consult and identifies opportunities for implementation in future systems.
Strategy and Governance
• Collaborate to develop IT investment strategies in application systems in alignment with critical business needs.
• Partner with GAD, GAO, GIS, and BT leaders, providing system expertise, to synergize IT strategic direction and implementation roadmaps.
• Facilitate discussions with business and IT leaders to ensure that enterprise application strategic initiatives are leveraged to drive IT simplifications, standardization and efficiencies.
• Guide IT organizations in creating strategies and roadmaps to align application requirements and standards with business needs. Ensure IT investment decisions and program, projects, and planning are in alignment with Lenovo global architecture standards, patterns, and roadmaps.
Lenovo is not just another technology company. We believe we make the technology that powers the world’s best ideas. We design tools for those who are driven by accomplishment. We are the company that powers the people who Do. The engine that helps them Do more. Do better. Do what’s never been done. And we are united in the quest to help our users defy the impossible.
We are looking for Do’ers in our “For Those Who DO” culture…..come put your career on the fast track with the fastest growing PC company in the world!!
• Minimum 10+ years of IT experience; among which minimum 5+ years as an enterprise application architect.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related disciplines.
• English required; Chinese a plus.
• Must be visionary and strategic in approach, and demonstrated ability to apply application architectural disciplines to solve business problems.
• Strong understanding of implementation processes and best practices in Enterprise Application Architecture.
• Must work independently with minimal direction with superior organizational skills
• Strong relationship building and mentoring skills with the ability to drive change and issues resolution.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and Ability to articulate technical aspects in an executive manner to present to senior management
• Experience with one or more enterprise architecture frameworks (e.g. Gartner, Zachman, TOGAF, and FEAF.)
• Familiarity with information systems management practices (e.g. ITIL, CMMI, etc.).
• Experience with multiple and diverse technology environments and software solutions, such as IBM p-Series/x-Series, IBM DS storage, DB2/UDB, EMC VMAX/DMX, VMWare, etc.
• Broad knowledge of SAP technology, tools and techniques, including ERP, BW, Portal, CRM, and HANA.
• Experience with Cloud Computing, “Big Data”, and Open Source preferred.
• Experience with Cloud based service offering, such as Saleforcce.com, Workday, is also preferred.
• Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) technologies and methods preferred.
Lenovo is not just another technology company. We make the technology that powers the world’s best ideas. We design tools for those...