Lightning Source, an Ingram Content Company, is looking for an Operations Analyst. This position will research and develops data programs to assist in the daily operations reporting metrics. Using strong organizational and analytical skills as well as various business software tools, effectively disseminates and communicates complex information in simple terms to all levels of the organization. Works with internal customers to determine informational needs, produce or develop relevant information and communicate results to resolve business issues. May assess current business processes and recommend improvements to associates and leadership as well as translate complex process improvement for formal development and implementation. Supports Operations in daily reporting efficiencies. Maintains proprietary analysis models used in KPM, inventory, waste, production, materials, distribution, decision support, CPU, and special projects.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance/Accounting or related discipline, OR direct year for year experience
- 2 years experience in an accounting, analytical or reporting application development function
- 2 years experience with VBA in an MS Access (’97, ’00, ’03) environment
- 1 year book sales and/or purchasing, and customer service experience
- 1 year project/process management experience
- 1 year of extensive work with relational databases and intranet basics, MS Office applications, particularly Excel and Access
- 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment recommended
- Performs all analyses within the Operational workflow by utilizing knowledge of all aspects of the operation of high-speed digital black & white printers, color printing, laminators, soft cover binders, single-knife or multi-knife book cutters, and quality control stations within the Production department and all aspects of the Distribution and Case Binding departments.
- Evaluates and reports any cost savings impacts associated with production, distribution and waste projects.
- Partners with purchasing, IT, and LSI management to diagnose inventory requirements and participate in development of Oracle purchasing/inventory management system.
- Works to help implement new manufacturing analyses, from purchasing through implementation.
- Supports the QWRT department through quality, waste, and training reporting.
- Coordinates analyses required for process flow, equipment implementation and cross-training programs related to new and existing equipment.
- Ensures departmental goals and objectives such as Waste, CPU, KPM, and Quality are being measured and met through reporting metrics.
- Owns and records data collection for AFE approval process.
- Develops and manages projects, reporting findings, metrics, and solutions for continuous improvement.
- Assures that managers/supervisors are keeping accurate associate attendance/time records.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Essential Physical Demands:
- Personal Computing skills to include AutoCAD, Microsoft Office 2007: including Visio, Outlook, Word, and Excel, Access, Discover, and Internet
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principals
- Knowledge of Process/Value Stream Mapping
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to be flexible/multi-task based on workflow demands
- Ability to speak, write, and read the English language
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations
- Ability to receive and give information in a courteous manner over the telephone, via electronic communication or in person
- Knowledge of organization, operating procedures, and policies of the company
- Ability to apply new knowledge, technology, and procedure to job responsibilities
- Ability to meet and maintain personal objectives (standards)
- Ability to maintain full time work schedule during normal company operating hours
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V We participate in EVerify.
- Ability to read, write, speak, hear, see, think, communicate, concentrate, learn and work
- Ability to work effectively using a personal computer for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 25 lbs and push/pull 40 lbs occasionally in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, grip/grasp, twist/turn as needed
- Ability to see color
- Ability to travel
If you are reading a book, Ingram Content Group is probably behind it. Ingram is the leader in helping content reach its destination...