Amgen’s internship program offers meaningful project experiences that impact patient’s lives, competitive compensation, housing benefits (for eligible candidates), executive networking events, social networking events, community volunteer project opportunities, on-site fitness activities and much more.
Amgen’s Information Systems (IS) Automation department in our Rhode Island location is looking for an undergraduate student interested in a 10 – 12 week internship responsible for the following:
1. Gathering and analyzing user requirements from various departments within the site
2. Work with a team of Automation Engineers on designing robust, efficient solutions and completing design reviews and acceptance testing with the customer prior to implementation.
The candidate will be trained on Amgen’s automation platforms such as DeltaV Distributed Control System (DCS) and OSI PI Data Historian to make these types of improvements.
Amgen retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
As an EEO/AA M/F/V/D employer, Amgen values and encourages diversity in the workplace
Candidate must be in the process of obtaining a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for an internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
• Must be 18 years or older;
• Must be a current full time student
• Must have completed at least one full year of study at the time of application;
• Must have not yet graduated;
• Must be in good academic standing within their majors and overall at their university;
• Must be enrolled in school the fall season following the potential internship or co-op assignment.
• Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
• Prefer a candidate who will be completing their Junior year prior to the internship
• Experience or knowledge in process control
• Previous co-op experience at an automation system integrator or Biotech/Pharma manufacturing facility strongly desired
Amgen - 20 months ago
Amgen is among the biggest of the biotech big'uns, and it's determined to get even bigger. The company uses cellular biology and medicinal...