Challenge Yourself - Be an Army Civilian - Go Army!
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
**** Be sure to read the announcement very carefully, failure to submit all "Required Documents" will declare your ineligibility.****
This position is eligible for 12.25% Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) *COLA is subject to change without notice.
This position is located at Aliamanu Military Reservation Youth Sports (AMR YS).
- Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate
- Be 18 years of age at the time of appointment
- Possess at least 6 months of progressive work experience
- Driver's license
- Immunization screening is required after selection
- A medical examination is required after selection
Provides support and assistance to the CYS Assistant Sports & Fitness
Director in the use of recreation equipment, materials, and facilities. Apply a
practical knowledge of youth recreational activities and skills in the use of
various types of recreation equipments. Instruct children/youth on proper use of
variety of equipments. Issues/receives recreational equipment to authorized
users. Identifies age-appropriate equipment for procurement, selects vendor, and
purchases gear/equipment as needed. Maintain hand receipts and collects all
inventoried items. Inspects supplies and equipment for damage. Ensures
sufficient supplies are on hand and equipment in good condition to support the
sports and fitness program. Assists in setting up sports events and may assist
in athletic programs as needed.
Maintains an effective safety and
accident prevention program. Conducts daily safety and maintenance checks of
facilities, grounds, and outdoor recreation areas. Recommends purchase of
equipment required to maintain proper facility safety compliance. Ensures no
observable hazard exists in program areas e.g., walks the playing/practice
surface looking for debris and other hazards, evaluates fences, bleachers and
other structures for potential hazards Serves as a member of the Installation
Child and Youth Evaluation Team to ensure compliance with health, fire, safety,
facility and program regulatory requirements for the Youth Sports and Fitness
Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of facilities.
Ensures facilities are properly marked/lined prior to games/practices. Operates
various types of equipment in support of athletic field maintenance such as lawn
mowers, tractors with attachments, edging and pruning tools, trimmers, rakes,
and trucks. Applies fertilizer, seed, and herbicides as needed. Collects and
empties trash containers around field as required.
Work involves indoor
and outdoors and may be exposed to adverse weather conditions.
Progressively responsible work experience that provided knowledge of equipment
and facility maintenance, inventory, ordering and instructing; and use of
various recreation equipment. Good customer relations skills. Must be physical
able to walk, bend, stoop, stand on a routine basis; lift supplies and equipment
weighing up 50 pounds.
Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
4. All required background checks of AR 215-3, must be successfully completed and maintained including Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquiries (CNACI); to include a health assessment is required.
5. Social Security Card and a Picture I.D. must be presented at time of appointment.
6. Immunizations may be required as a condition of employment for the health and safety of those in the facility as determined by medical authority. Already immune individuals (based on documented receipt of vaccine series or physician diagnosed illness), or those subject to religious exemption, or medical contraindication are exempt from this requirement.
7. A health assessment is required. Satisfactory performance, successful completion
of training requirements and demonstrated on the job competency is required.
8. Travel to on and off post locations required.
9. Positions that require driving
require the incumbent to have a valid driver's license.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following factors/competencies
***Physical ability - minimum qualifications
***If applicable to serviced activity Driver's license - minimum qualifcations
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include the following NAF Benefits: Annual and Sick leave, Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plan, Health and Life Insurance, Long Term Care Plan Insurance and Flexible Spending Account. For additional benefits information please refer to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx .
To successfully claim veteran's priority consideration, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...