At Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island (BCBSRI), diversity and inclusion are central to our core values and strengthen our ability to meet the challenges of today's healthcare industry. BCBSRI is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Coordinate administrative functions in support of the organization’s overall Quality Program, committee structure and document governance in accordance with accreditation standards. Prepare committee agendas, meeting minutes, work plans, correspondence, presentations, reports, charts, tables and forms. Support department projects and initiatives relative to meeting the Quality Management, Utilization Management and Disease Management Program Descriptions and Evaluations consistent with accreditation requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepare committee agendas, spreadsheets, reports, presentations and other materials.
- Format, type, and edit documents or technical material, including correspondence, memos, reports and confidential material; drafts routine correspondence.
- Establish and maintain meeting minute standards, attend committee meetings and record minutes, establish an electronic record keeping and filing system for meeting minutes; classify, sort and file correspondence, records and other documents in accordance with accreditation requirements.
- Respond to general inquiries concerning department activities in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assemble necessary background material for meetings. Arrange meetings and conferences, schedules appointments, and completes travel or conference arrangements, including making hotel arrangements. Coordinate departmental functions. Maintain personal calendar for assigned Leadership Team staff.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the department’s database, website, and internal purchasing requisitions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Preferred Education, Additional Qualifications and Experience:
- Associate’s degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three or more years of administrative experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience and/or knowledge of NCQA Accreditation Standards
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Ability interface with employees at all levels of various business lines.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island - 4 months ago