· Actively sell all titles from S&S, Free Press imprints; Audio; and several distribution clients to Barnes & Noble, Inc.
· Manage a coop advertising budget while securing top placement for our titles.
· Identify sales trends and secure/extend promotion to maximize sales at B&N.
· Provide regular feedback on BN sales through weekly updates, call reports, sales call preparation and post-call follow-up meetings.
· Conduct regular backlist reviews;
· Participate in positioning, marketing, and sales meetings.
· Maintaining strong relationships with B&N Buying Staff
The open National Account Manager Position is responsible for selling our frontlist and backlist titles within the Simon & Schuster, Free Press and Audio imprints as well as our Baen, Games Workshop, Rebellion, Weldon Owen and World Almanac Distribution Clients to the largest book retail chain, Barnes and Noble. This territory represents net billing of $37 million dollars. In addition to selling, the National Account Manager is responsible for securing optimal placement for our titles at the chain both at retail and online in an effort to maximize sales.
This individual must possess:
3-5 years of prior sales experience within the publishing industry.
Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with varied personalities at teh account as well as all levels of management.
Stong ability to manage many projects simultaneously while attending to details and deadlines.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Forward thinking, energetic, problem solver with focused relationship building skills.
A passionate and dedicated reader.
Minimum Education Level
Additional Candidate Instructions
Visit www.simonandschuster.biz/careers to apply online. First time users will be prompted to create an online profile in order to apply for any jobs. All resumes and cover letters (include salary requirements) must be attached to the online application in order to be considered. Resumes and Cover letters that are mailed or e-mailed will not be considered. No telephone calls please.
CBS Corporation - 2 years ago