The Executive Assistant is responsible for clerical, administrative, and other duties to assist in the smooth operation of the Executive Office. He/she is also responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Greet and welcome all guests in accordance with Highgate Hotel standards.
- Provide all administrative assistant to the General Manager.
- Answer guest inquires about hotel and conference center services, facilities and hours of operation in a timely manner.
- Maintain and stay abreast of the latest computer programs/innovations (as applicable).
- Answer telephone and email messages. Respond accordingly.
- Open and distribute mail.
- Filing of all pertinent correspondence in a timely manner.
- Type all correspondence pertaining to department.
- Maintain adequate inventory of office supplies.
- Responsible for the smooth operation of the office.
- Type and distribute meeting minutes.
- Maintain trace file as needed.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required and/or experience in a hotel or a related field required.
- At least 5 or more years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- College degree preferred.
- Excellent computer knowledge/skills required, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Highgate Hotels - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -