As part of the North American Accounting Shared Services Group the Senior Accountant will support the general ledger, project and business unit accounting and reporting functions. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Sr. Accountant is responsible for maintaining ledgers and providing professional level support and analysis in a dynamic and deadline-driven environment to varying constituents in the company, including other Accounting colleagues, Business Unit Finance teams, internal and external auditors, parent company finance staff and operational staff. This position will also play a key role in the monthly, quarterly and year-end closing process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Play a key/critical role in the production/accuracy of the monthly project PnL’s, FRX company/SBU financial statements and other financial management reporting.
• Responsible for complete and accurate revenue recognition (external, internal and intra-company) and direct cost accruals where needed.
• Validate POC (percentage of completion) calculation and book revenue recognition journal entries.
• Maintain detailed, audit-ready GL Account analyses and sub-ledgers for a number of operating companies.
• Maintain and reconcile schedules of deferred revenue by projects.
• Work cross-functionally with AP, AR, GL and Tax staff to ensure accuracy at the transaction level and on ledgers.
• Support internal clients – mainly Financial Analysts in business units – providing transaction level details, explanations & analyses.
• Develop and maintain thorough understanding of the organizational structures, profit centers/cost centers and reporting hierarchies of the business units.
• Handle complex journal entries assist AP staff with coding issues where appropriate.
• Manage downloads and uploads from varying systems that interface with the general ledgers.
• Review and post standard and ad-hoc journal entries.
• Assist in the preparation of apportionment data provided to tax department to be used in the preparation of state and federal tax provisions and returns.
• Support internal and external audit processes.
Experience and Skills:
• 5 + years’ experience in accounting and Cost accounting in public accounting or dynamic private industry environment.
• Working knowledge of accounting principles and cost/project accounting concepts.
• Understanding of IFRS, IAS, and GAAP.
• Excellent mathematical aptitude.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Knowledge of automated accounting package; Microsoft Dynamics, SAP helpful
• Completely fluent with Microsoft Excel and Word including Pivot tables and VLookup functionality.
• Good communication skills and comfortable working in an interactive environment.
• Good problem solving, organizational and reconciliation skills.
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines and due dates.
• Strong desire to grow and learn and take on new responsibilities.
• BA/BS in Finance/Accounting or equivalent,
• Graduate degree preferred
We offer a very competitive salary commensurate with your experience.
GfK Custom Research North America - 22 months ago