- All job opportunities at Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort require the ability to comply with our Professional Appearance, Drug & Alcohol, and Employee Conduct Policies.
Under the direction of Restaurant Manager. Greet and seat guests in Snowbird restaurants while maintaining a smooth operating in the dining room by adjusting the flow guests through the use of waitlist.
Position Functions / Areas of Responsibility
1. Reports to work on time in the proper uniform. Obeys all company rules and regulations.
2. Adjust the flow of guests through the use of waitlist.
3. Greet and seat guests.
4. Ensures standards of appearance and sanitation are maintained on a daily basis. Maintains good safety practices of employees and guests throughout the property.
5. Maintains line of communication between Restaurant Manager and Kitchen.
1. Direct and continuous contact with guests.
2. Direct and continuous contact with co-workers, management, and other departments.
3. Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
Education & Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 0-6 months of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
Skills & Knowledge
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Food Handler Permit.
Must demonstrate competency in reading, writing, and arithmetic with accuracy in math. Also, must demonstrate ability to multi-task, i.e, run a waitlist and seat tables while maintaining interactions between restaurant and kitchen.
Requires some exerise of judgement within policy guidelines and without supervisory approval. Additionaly requires problem solving and initiation of activites within job description and have a strong understanding of other Snowbird operations.
- Shifts vary depending on business levels. Must be available any day of the week including weekends and holidays. Both part time and full time shifts available.
- Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary on occasional times of road closures.
- May experience unusual stress from continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
Snowbird - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard